• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many youtube subscriptions you have?

Anki

Banned
I was inspired to open this thread while reading the other thread about girl youtubers.
Me personally in order to lower my time wasted on youtube I have very little subscriptions, i really hate notifications and to be bombarded by youtube recommendations so i subscribed only to channels I really like.

r7E5TgT.png

mekes

203, and it’s trimmed as of 6 months back. All of my current subs are people who I’ve watched multiple videos of. I trimmed those one and done types away. Various hobbies like piano tutorials, camera and photo editing tutorials, fighting game players, MMA news, arranged music composers, footy stuff, food channels. I normally focus on a hobby or 2 at a time, so if I’m subbed I might still miss 6 months of videos at any given time. All notifications OFF. The best thing about YouTube is that it is in your own time.

Birdo

Banned
None. I have a folder in my Chrome Favorites with all the channels I watch.

This way I avoid having a youtube account.

Skyr

~120

Btw is there any way to categorize subs so I don't have all of them mixed in one feed.
It makes me not wanting to sub to more chanels because it gets too clutterd.

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Cut it down a couple weeks ago from 100+ to 40. I like to subscribe when I see an interesting video and then unsubscribe if I haven't watched any other of their content in months.

GV82

Over 600-700

Music

Bands/Artists take up a large percentage, since i am into hundreds of different artists & sub genres of Metal, Rock - so easy to get their latest videos/Interviews on my timeline.
Then I follow some bootleg music ones.
Record Labels /Festival Channels, Guitars/Bass/Drums, then i was trying to get into blues music also punk at one point

Lots of Horror Channels

A Couple of Cooking Channels

Hockey - for the highlights

Then so i dont get bored every few years I rotate my hobbies & interests or try to discover a new one, it’s great to learn new things especially as i didn't do well at school and had no interest back then in learning anything new.

So it could be anything from Art to Lifehacks, Motorbikes, Drone racing league, then there was a Snakes themed Channel so i had to follow that.

And a few Video Games of course.

And so on, you get the picture, I could have ADHD as my minds all over the place and I don’t watch regular TV anymore just Youtube & Netflix etc.

Seriously I never get bored between this and my daily life activities & don’t understand how people get bored in this internet age, this lockdown thing is gonna be fine as I have something new every day if I want & I can still go outside (in my garden for fresh air).

I have about 40 and it's growing.

Any recommendations on your faves. The ones that you immediately click the moment a video goes up?

Mine is currently Red Letter Media. An easy one for quick laughs and media information. It's their editing and useful visuals (on youtube??) that keep me coming back.

Last edited:

Sakura

0. Don't really see the point in subscribing when Youtube already recommends me new videos of channels I watch anyway.

Javthusiast

Banned
I counted quick and seems I have around 798 subscriptions. This is over a period of 10 years and many of those channels don't even upload anymore or I don't bother watching their videos.

Really need to sort them the fuck out already, but too lazy.

teezzy

Banned
Too many honestly. Around 100. I need to get rid of at least half. A lot of them are just channels with old Opie and Anthony clips, Million Dollar Extreme related, or random doom metal streams.

LGR is probably my favorite channel of the bunch though. Best Youtuber in the game.

split between dota 2/fgc, history, music, memes and cooking.

I'll give a recommendation to Mr. Beat

Good for bite-sized history lessons and supreme court "briefs."

i just have a youtube bookmark list created in firefox.
I don't want to sign in to youtube and put up with thier bs every damn time.

xrnzaaas

Around 90, but many of them are inactive / deleted / DMCA'd accounts and I don't bother deleting them manually.

Top Bottom