• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much credit for a game at EB?

If, say, I'd take back Splinter Cell : Double Agent to EBGames for credit, how much can I expect to get? And would it be better if the game wasn't opened? I'm thinking about getting this free one I got with my Xbox back to EBGames and get, like, Oblivion, and then buy back Splinter Cell at Best Buy where they give you 13 month of free Live there.

So...?

Foreign Jackass said:
If, say, I'd take back Splinter Cell : Double Agent to EBGames for credit, how much can I expect to get? And would it be better if the game wasn't opened? I'm thinking about getting this free one I got with my Xbox back to EBGames and get, like, Oblivion, and then buy back Splinter Cell at Best Buy where they give you 13 month of free Live there.

So...?

I dont know how much you would get for the particaluar game...but I just took in a bunch of crap to GS/EB to help payoff my PS3 pre-order and the dude wouldnt take 4 of my games because they were still in the shrink wrap. Im going to open them and try trade them in that way.

Arde0 said:
I dont know how much you would get for the particaluar game...but I just took in a bunch of crap to GS/EB to help payoff my PS3 pre-order and the dude wouldnt take 4 of my games because they were still in the shrink wrap. Im going to open them and try trade them in that way.
Yeah, that's what I thought.. Getting back shrinkwrapped stuff might look suspicious (stolen stuff)

Ranger X

You barely get the tierce of the retail price (new).

And it's so easy to call them dude, they are there to tell you how much for a game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
take the amount that you would be willing to sell it for and divide it by 3. expect to see the same game you sold them at 1/3 of what you thought it was worth on sale for 2x that. :)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Another vote for Ebay here. However if getting $20 more isn't worth the time and effort then just know the guys at EB will give you the same credit regardless of the game being new.

Mmm.. I know, I'm a noob, but I never sold anything on ebay. Basically, you take care of the shipping? And how do they pay you? It goes on your credit card, or...?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Cloud Man said:
Ebay is the best way to sell old games.

Anything else is a huge ripoff.

Not always. I just got $35 for Oblivion from Gamerush this past weekend- that is more than it is going for on Ebay.

game phan

was at the local eb yesterday guy wanted to trade in tiger woods 07 for the 360 they offered 27.00 and even though the guy had paid 60.00 for it earlier in the week he thought they were treating him well until he asked what they would resell it for after they told him they would ONLY get 54.99 for it he decided to not trade it in good thing for him some guy that follwed him out of the store offered him 35.00 for it and he took it cash in hand was better for him that the store credit was and i got TW07 for alot less than i thought i would anyway thats what they were offering for a 360 game less than a week old

MoxManiac

game phan said:
was at the local eb yesterday guy wanted to trade in tiger woods 07 for the 360 they offered 27.00 and even though the guy had paid 60.00 for it earlier in the week he thought they were treating him well until he asked what they would resell it for after they told him they would ONLY get 54.99 for it he decided to not trade it in good thing for him some guy that follwed him out of the store offered him 35.00 for it and he took it cash in hand was better for him that the store credit was and i got TW07 for alot less than i thought i would anyway thats what they were offering for a 360 game less than a week old

Dude, is your period key broken?

BTW, to anyone that knows, how easy/safe is it to sell on half.com?

dak1dsk1 said:
Ebay takes effort.

We have an EB employee here it seems. Sir, your store sucks. You rip people off, and everying is second-hand and greasy.

Ebay is HARDLY any trouble. Go to Half.com (it belongs to Ebay). Sign up for an account, and click 'Start selling stuff'. You don't need Paypall, you don't need a credit card... Easy as pie. Just tell 'em your bank account, and in a week the money's there.

The only reason I traded it in for such a pittance is because I was completely broke. I also would highly recommend eBay or other places as $60 is not a fair amount in regular circumstances to be given for something that retails for $199-$250.

Top Bottom