• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much do you pay for a half litre bottle of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a vending machine or at a restaurant?
In Canada that would be about $1.50
Multiply that by 2 and you get 3 bucks for a litre...

Yet people bitch that they have to pay 80 cents for a litre of gas...

Now whats the bigger rip off

It is my personal belief that the mass marketing of bottled water is a major cause of desertification. I don't buy bottled water.

LakeEarth

BigJonsson said:
From a vending machine or at a restaurant?
In Canada that would be about $1.50
Multiply that by 2 and you get 3 bucks for a litre...

Yet people bitch that they have to pay 80 cents for a litre of gas...

Now whats the bigger rip off

I know your ripoff.. you don't know where to shop. I live in Canada too, and not only are most vending machines $1 for water (yes there are places that rip you off), but you can get a pack of 12 or 36 at Costco for low low prices [/CostCo salesman]

Dyne

My dad used to own/operate a bottled water company. He sold it a while ago, but when he was still in the business, that's the same argument that he used in persuading stockholders why his companies were better through being cheaper.

And 80 cents per litre is damn good! Though we've been getting 73 the last couple of days.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I paid 2 euro for a 500ml bottle of water in a cafe the other day. 2 euro !

(that's about $2.55)

I pay about $2 for a 6-pack of 1.5 Liter bottles (that's 9 liters)... and I only drink bottled water, because my family don't bother installing a filter on tap and that water is seriously not be not drinkable (where I live), plus the water I buy is very affordable and it's convenient to always have a bottle next to me, whether it's on the computer, in bed, or in the car.

Forsete

The only bottled water I drink is mineral water, very seldom.
Costs about $1, 0.5 l.

Tap water still tastes the best. :)

EakeLarth said:
I know your ripoff.. you don't know where to shop. I live in Canada too, and not only are most vending machines $1 for water (yes there are places that rip you off), but you can get a pack of 12 or 36 at Costco for low low prices [/CostCo salesman]

That's not the point, the point is that people bitch about gas prices but are willing to pay outrageous prices for water which they could get for free...

Suerte

I can't believe that Dasani is the top selling bottled water in America - it's just bottled tap water!! The average american consumer is truely a tard. When Coca Cola tried it over here everyone was like "WTF?! I'm not PAYING for tap water in a bottle!"

ChrisReid

I drink a lot of bottled water. I can get like 35 half-liter bottles for under $5 at target or walmart, even less on sale. That's 10 to 15 cents per bottle. And when I carry those bottles around, I no longer pay the $0.75-$1.00 for sugary coke or whatever from the machines. So I end up saving lots of money.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Northern California has the nation's cleanest municipal water supplies... now, if I was still living in San Diego, I've never go near the faucet.

jiggle

I stock up on those 1 gallon bottle water when they're on sale for $1 each. I drink mostly cola and milk, so they last for quite a while.

DavidDayton said:
Northern California has the nation's cleanest municipal water supplies... now, if I was still living in San Diego, I've never go near the faucet.

You mean it's safe to drink right out of the faucet here??? I've been told otherwise...

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
My recommendation:

water-products_1812_1697524

You can get one of these for around $30.

Depending on the number of people using your faucet at home, each filter($10 for a replacement pack of 3) can last 3 months.

I don't care how much you pay for water

Most of you have missed the point of this thread...

BOTTLED WATER IS THE WORK OF THE DEVIL!

Bristow

Banned
I drink Aquafina. It's about $3 for a 12-pack of pint sized bottles. My parents have a Brita filter and I can honestly say it still tastes like tap water. There is a big difference, imo.

Bottled water is convenient. Also it's cheap if you buy it in cases. I also know of a store nearby that sells a 591ml bottle of water for a quarter.

luxsol

DavidDayton said:
You're probably thinking of Los Angeles... in some places the water has a BROWN tint to it (though, it's supposed to be "safe" to drink). This is probably due to the fact water has to travel a long ways from northern CA.

Water in San Diego comes mostly from the Colorado.

bionic77

Brita filter is all you need. Though I still buy lots of bottled water because it is convenient when I am out of the apartment.

Dasani is nasty though. One of the few bottled water brands I have had that seems to taste as bad as DC tap water. I don't know what spring they get their water from, but it seems like they tapped the Hudson river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom