• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much RAM should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already bought most of the components to my new PC, just need to know how much RAM and what speed I should buy.

The motherboard I bought supports dual channel DDR 266/333/400, using four 184-pin DDR DIMMs. So, I'm guessing I should get 1 to 2 gigs of RAM. How much of a difference would there be if I got 1 gig of DDR 333 instead of 1 gig of DDR 400?

depends on what processor u have really. only get ddr400 if u intend to oc your processor, thats if its a 333. Of course u cud always overclock the ram as well

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Yeah, we've got to know your specs. Otherwise, your RAM and CPU might not run 1:1 and it'll suck.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
True, PC3200 should be fine regardless because you can always underclock.

But if you want to be really sure about it, go to some forums with your mobo and see what other people are successful with. Some mobos just no likey certain RAM.

Like my Abit IC7 MAX III has some issues with certain Muskin RAM, even though it is quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom