• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How was the showcase bad????

Crayon

I am actually looking forward to seeing more of Haven's game. It is apparently a co-op heist game, which honestly is relatively fresh and can be interesting.

Not my type of game because I don't play online a lot, but I'm still interested in seeing how they make it.

Actually I practically forgot we didn't even see the game lol. I guess I was getting red flag vibes watching it.

Fabieter

The point where over the last two years there have been a fuckton of exclusives/AAA games/critically acclaimed games? What are you even talking about? You realize making new games takes years and years yeah?

Not a single new first party announcement with gameplay is inexcusable.

Why was the showcase bad?

1. CGI trailers, not representative of the final game in any way, shape or form.
2. Too many third-party games, which will be available on other platforms
3. Too much focus on "live service" titles, which I personally have no interest in whatsoever.
4. Too few PlayStation exclusives: these are what made the PS4/PS4 Pro and PS5 my main console platform rather the Switch or Xbox One X/Series X.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Echoes of Xbox style 'next year', 'next showcase', 'next time' in this thread.

Could it actually be that neither studio is anywhere near having any first party games to announce because both have been mismanaged in recent years?

hyperbertha

remakes are a waste of time and money so i dont care for mgs 3. i rather play the original the way it was meant to be, i expected better visuals from spiderman 2 since its not on ps4 and not enough new first party reveals.
Ya I don't see how they are even going to come close to kojima's direction.

Macaron

Banned
Not a single new first party announcement with gameplay is inexcusable.
Did you just ignore my entire post about the ignorance of people like you thinking first party games can be churned out like fast food? lol yall mustve been so spoiled growing up w these type of expectations

Kamina

Golden Boy
I'm so sour I"m turning into a lemon. 2 more showcases, and you'll be able to squeeze me into your food.
Adventure Time GIF

Fabieter

Did you just ignore my entire post about the ignorance of people like you thinking first party games can be churned out like fast food? lol yall mustve been so spoiled growing up w these type of expectations

Sounds like I have to be thankful or something. Iam a customer after all and I think its a good idea to ask for something better what they delivered.

Varteras

Gold Member
It was a great game showcase. If this had been Summer Game Fest, it would have been a solid show.

It was a bad PlayStation showcase. Events for platform holders are supposed to show us the big games that are coming and leave us with a substantial impression of what that future looks like on their console.

Had this happened back in September, it would have been judged less harshly. It would have been 12 months between, the media blitz for FF16 would have just started, and we would have been much further away from impending releases to still be excited on what comes next.

Instead, we waited 18 months, FF16 has been shown off more than a trophy wife already, we have no idea what to be hyped for in 2024 and 2025, and no idea when we'll next get an idea of what's coming.

Sony's saving grace is they've been releasing big exclusives and they have two huge games imminently releasing.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

In terms of first party showing... it was bad.

Should people be having such a fucking meltdown 🤣 no... fucking clowns. They need to grow the fuck up.

Every week we have to be having some meltdown now. First it's redfall then this then starfield or whatever.

Just play games people.

Macaron

Banned
Sounds like I have to be thankful or something. Iam a customer after all and I think its a good idea to ask for something better what they delivered.
Yeah bro. Playstation has been killing it. Speaks to the type of person you are being unable to recognize and appreciate that and letting it get you mad when the Showcase doesn't have enough first party blockbusters for your liking.

Fabieter

Yeah bro. Playstation has been killing it. Speaks to the type of person you are being unable to recognize and appreciate that and letting it get you mad when the Showcase doesn't have enough first party blockbusters for your liking.

I know they have been successful but I also know that business decisions don't always have an immediate impact on said business. The launch and the imense momentuem were carried by the old executives of Sony. Lets see how it goes with the new decision makers.

Last edited:

ungalo

Even if we put aside the Playstation perspective with a lack of first party it was disappointing. Sony is a leading company in gaming because they're the biggest distributor with Steam. They can make the best partnerships and marketing deals. There was no major announcement in this show, except maybe MGS3 that leaked everywhere and doesn't seem to be a big project.

If we didn't see a lot of big companies here i don't expect them to announce games at the SGF or at the XGS either. I know the announcements are more diluted nowadays since it's not E3 but still.

Toons

Ppl have watched triple a games take 3 to 5 years of development and cost 200 million dollars and still expect 4 triple a titles announced a year

Last edited:
I am more surprised at the lack of megatons. Not a single one. I am also surprised that Sony failed to secure some moneyhats like MGS for example. Which was also weird.

Last edited:

sono

For some reason I was expecting more of a conference style with appearances and game introductions not a reel of back to back footage with little to no breaks where everything blurred into each other.

Also more first party content as others have said

Ribi

Ok so
MGS3 Remake
Dragon's Dogma 2
SPIDERMAN 2 WITH THE SYMBIOTE SUIT & NEW TRAVERSAL ABILITIES
more street fighter 6 content
Plucky squire
Beat Saber finally on psvr2
RE4 remake VR
& lot of good third party games like towers of agahsba and phantom blade 0
And according to GAF, it's somehow the worst showcase since e3 2006....
If this is the "worst" Playstation has to offer its no wonder they're selling out so fast. This is the closest I've been to outright buying one this year.
This is why it was bad... Like everything you listed

Top Bottom