• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would I go about purchasing a custom script from someone? Where would I go?

poodaddy

Whether it be here or elsewhere, is there any way I can purchase a specific script from a trusted source? This is kind of relating to a medical case I'm doing right now, so discretion is really appreciated. Without getting into specifics, I'm in a battle with the VA right now regarding my migraines, which I've had for over ten years now as they started back in the Army, and I've been a civilian for ten years. They recently told me that I need a headache log backdated to when they first started happening, and my lawyer advised me to just start guessing it to the best of my ability and filling out every day backdated as far back as I can, but we're talking about over ten years here and I need to have this into my lawyer on Monday, so there's no way I'm gonna get it done. Such is why I'm wondering if there's someone here who has some skill with coding or scripting that can help me out with this. I don't have much but I'm absolutely willing to pay you for your time, as this would be a huge boon to me and my family.

For anyone who wants to come in this thread and call me a waste of space or lampoon me for getting disability compensation from the VA, please don't waste your time. I already went through the mental torture of feeling like a piece of shit for being medically discharged for years and I've made peace with it. I'm no layabout, I run my own rental property with my wife, who is currently serving, and I'm not looking for handouts, I'm merely fighting for the VA to recognize my injuries and compensate me appropriately instead of constantly trying to reduce my rating, (which they've done three times now). I served, I was hurt serving, and I've earned it. I'm not a leech.

So yeah, if you write scripts, or know of a decent reliable way to get a script written, I'm more than willing to pay you for your time and, I want to impart to you how much it would mean to me to help me here. Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
First off: I can't really help so wanted to say that.

But what kind of migraine medicine are you looking for? Triptans?

borborygmus

It would be legally questionable for someone to do this for you. I would do it for free if it weren't a legal liability.

However, you could very easily do it yourself in Excel. Make a date column and a time column. Fill in 2 rows and then select and expand them downwards (drag downwards from the bottom edge) in order to create as many backdated rows as you want.

You can do the same for column 2 as well, just fill it with discrete values like "morning" or "evening" or "after lunch" then select those cells with values and expand them by dragging.

Then for a final pass, change the order of the values to match your "guesses" of when you had migraines.

This all should take like 5 minutes.

edit: Disclaimer: this is not legal advice and the decision to use a backdated journal rests entirely on poodaddy poodaddy and his lawyer.

Last edited:

borborygmus

Basically start with this...

X1BqHvx.png

Then drag it out as far back as you want:
nSNz8HD.png

Then actually fill it in with your recollection of when you had a migraine.

edit: If you wanna be fancy, have "migraine1" "migraine2" "migraine3" columns (with a lot of blank values) instead of a single "time" column.

Last edited:

poodaddy

First off: I can't really help so wanted to say that.

But what kind of migraine medicine are you looking for? Triptans?
I'm not looking for medicine. In fact, the whole reason the VA is trying to fuck me right now is because I won't take pills. Took them for a while when I was in the Army and for a bit when I got out. I don't like being on drugs, but of course to them that means I'm getting better. They want you to either be categorized as a weak addict, or a fit perfectly fine person who doesn't have any injuries to speak of. I also take care of myself, and that's not helping my case any. I've had three foot repair surgeries, multiple stomach surgeries, a toe repair surgery, and a shoulder repair surgery, all from Army injuries, but because my muscle hasn't atrophied because I train through the pain, they like to think I'm perfectly fine. Essentially I just need a "headache log" to corroborate my claims that is backdated as far back as I can get it, as that will help in my personal hearing to establish that this has been happening for a long time and is not a "minor or temporary injury."

poodaddy

Basically start with this...

X1BqHvx.png

Then drag it out as far back as you want:
nSNz8HD.png

Then actually fill it in with plausible values.

edit: If you wanna be fancy, have "migraine1" "migraine2" "migraine3" columns (with a lot of blank values) instead of a single "time" column.
Just wanted to say thanks so much for this. I'm gonna give it a shot. I don't have Excel, but I'll bet buying it would be worth the time saved for sure. I'll look into purchasing it now.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm not looking for medicine. In fact, the whole reason the VA is trying to fuck me right now is because I won't take pills. Took them for a while when I was in the Army and for a bit when I got out. I don't like being on drugs, but of course to them that means I'm getting better. They want you to either be categorized as a weak addict, or a fit perfectly fine person who doesn't have any injuries to speak of. I also take care of myself, and that's not helping my case any. I've had three foot repair surgeries, multiple stomach surgeries, a toe repair surgery, and a shoulder repair surgery, all from Army injuries, but because my muscle hasn't atrophied because I train through the pain, they like to think I'm perfectly fine. Essentially I just need a "headache log" to corroborate my claims that is backdated as far back as I can get it, as that will help in my personal hearing to establish that this has been happening for a long time and is not a "minor or temporary injury."
Oh sorry, I'm dumb.. thought by "scripts" you meant prescriptions.

Sorry you are struggling brother.

Last edited:
Top Bottom