• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am going through caffeine withdrawal and it sucks

Dural

OP, you might want to look into N-Acetyl Tyrosine supplements. I've heard they can help with caffeine withdrawals. I've taken it to see how it helps with the afternoon crash and it's worked good for me.

Mistake

That’s why I drink coffee every other day instead of every day. When I have it twice in and row or more, then stop, the withdrawal sucks. Also coffee is less effective if done too much.

controller_lady

Neo Member
caffeine is indeed a powerful drug. getting off of it is a good idea. lots of people chug coffee all day long without thinking about it.

ive long ago switched to tea, which is lower in caffeine. i'll get a coffee now and then but tbh it was giving me the jitters, and that ain't right...
I am one of those people drinking coffee all day long. I guess I never stopped to think about it, but I like the idea of tea

I can easily quit sugary drinks and Im now 3 months soda free. But I failed miserably by quitting potato chips.. Only lasted half a day and went to the store and bought 3 big ass bags of Utzs chips. I CAN'T QUIT! I'm addicted to chips.

Nymphae

Banned
There's no upside to avoiding caffeine. Get back to your coffee game.

This is pretty much what I was thinking, I can understand wanting to cut sugar and eat better generally, but I think I would rather just drink some black coffee and avoid the withdrawal.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I'll tell you what sucks. Going commando and getting your pubes caught up in your zipper.
Wooooeee. Ain't no getting outta that predicament easily.

RealGassy

Banned
There's no upside to avoiding caffeine. Get back to your coffee game.
Sleep quality. Half life of caffeine is 5 to 6 hours AFAIK.

It's not easy to time it right and go into the habit of "okay, so I'm going to sleep in 5-6 hours no more caffeine".
Maybe if you only drink it in the mornings or early mid day.

I'm saying this while consuming caffeine.

Last edited:

Pallas

Drink a beer to take the edge off.

Beer can be nutritious if consumed moderately.

Caffeine withdrawal? Is that a real thing?

Aye, so is too much caffeine, also known as caffeine intoxicating which is worse than withdrawals.
OP, what you're feeling is just what no-caffeine dickheads feel every day

every waking minute for them is headaches, lethargy and pain

god invented coffee so people like you and I can ascend to a higher plane

now drink a red bull you doofus

**With no sugar added.

Hotspurr

Banned
If you want to lose weight, cut out any sugar and reduce carb intake. Have more of your calorie I take earlier in the day. Exercise at least 3 times a week with both cardio and weights, and give yourself at least 6 months so you don't feel pressured.

The key to changing anything in your life is having it be gradual. Rather than one day deciding to cold-turkey quit coffee or start going to the gym 6 times a week, try to make these changes very gradually and that will greatly increase the chances of things sticking rather than you giving up 2 weeks later.

Mistake

Come to think of it, American coffee has a lot more caffeine than I’ve experienced in other countries. It can turn any introvert into an extrovert

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Hey listen, I commend what you’re doing but when I take staycations I down 5 guys every day and a pint
Of Fishfood every night. You’re on vacation. You deserve to get FAF. That’s fat as Ferdinand. Ferdinand sounds like
A fat guy’s name. I’m on a plane and’ve had a few rumbAnd diet cokes. You know what’s i cole? Caffeine and it’s the shit. I have to Lee but we’re on approach. I’m a big guys and I doubt they’ll try to
Stop
I just had a lady come over my shoulder to thank me
For my medallion status. It was very nice and it’s why I only Delta. Southwest is awful. I hope she didn’t see that pee comment.

Sounds like you had too many rum and diet cokes already.

Dural

What's the benefit of not drinking coffee?

None, in fact, there is lots of data suggesting coffee is good for you.

petran79

Banned
What's the benefit of not drinking coffee?

Nerves are calmer, though it depends on the situation if it is a good thing. Also your teeth don't get coffee stains all over.

I don't drink coffee now, except few sips here and there, but I preferred drinking a small cup in the morning. If it is about flowing blood pressure for better activity, I prefer eating salty food in the morning, like olive butter.

But without coffee I became worse at fast paced video games

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Ehh, energy drinks and soda no, but coffee contains some good antioxidants. One cup in the mourning to get sh!t going won't hurt you. Or mix a mourning beverage with cocoa powder. That has some caffeine and will give you a ton of antioxidants. You don't want to get rid of that.

What's there to see? You stop and that's it. You're an adult, exercise some fucking willpower. Things will not magically get better on their own.

You're right, but you don't have to be a dick to get your point across.

Last edited:
I drink it rarely, but don't really get any energy from it other than it tasting okay.

Drink Water, Vimto and Ribena instead as I have a very sweet tooth for those last two things.

Try a Cordial Drink instead OP!

Hulk_Smash

Banned
So, it’s been a month and I thought it would be fun to check back in.

The headaches went away, but the interesting thing that’s happened is that I don’t lose any energy now- so no crashes- but I didn’t gain much either. I don’t know why I thought my body would gain energy naturally by drinking lots of water and no caffeine.

Anyways, the good things that did happen to me were worth it:

1. Natural sleep cycle restored.
2. My shits are pretty normal now.
3. I save money by switching to bottled water.
4. I no longer crave caffeine.
5. I’ve lost weight.

Past day or two I’ve had a 12 oz cup of coffee with no crash. What’s more important is that I cut out energy drinks altogether and while I will have the occasional sweet tea or coke, I think those will be relegated to restaurant setting.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
That's not a direct result of cutting caffeine, if anything it works the other way around. Better sleep patterns and cutting out energy drinks were likely the biggest contributing factors.
Yes I know. I thought I wouldn’t have to explain this part but here I go...

Lattes have carbs. So do energy drinks. I cut those out. Plus I doubled my water intake which does help you to lose weight faster.

C4lukin2

Banned
Caffeine withdrawal is not so bad.

First off, it is not a terrible habit. No need to go cold turkey on it. Just reduce your intake overtime.

Alcohol is much more difficult, but again, just reduce your intake over a couple of weeks and you can get through it.

Clonazepam on the other hand....

You can stop taking it for a few days. And you feel a bit shitty, but hey I made it three days. It should only get easier right?

No, after a week, your chest starts hurting. After two weeks, your heart is still pounding but your anxiety has reached levels beyond whatever you felt before you started taking it.

After three weeks it constantly feels like your heart is going to explode, and your anxiety has reached a level of deep depression. And then you have to call your doctor up, because you feel like you are about to die.

I have suffered from addictions such as alcohol and caffeine. But it is like a one week thing and you are over it.

Yamisan

Caffeine withdrawal is not so bad.

First off, it is not a terrible habit. No need to go cold turkey on it. Just reduce your intake overtime.

Alcohol is much more difficult, but again, just reduce your intake over a couple of weeks and you can get through it.

I have suffered from addictions such as alcohol and caffeine. But it is like a one week thing and you are over it.
Alcohol is worse because Alcohol is one of the few drugs that is extremely deadly to withdrawal from. Telling people to just "intake less" is extremely irresponsible and stupid, this could cause people to DIE. Tapering does not work for most people addicted to alcohol and will cause seizures and death without proper medical care.

Everytime I start feeling sick, I ask myself "did you drink any caffeine today?"
If the answer is no, therein lies my answer. It sucks. It's like that episode of it's always sunny where everybody thinks they're sick but they're just going through alcohol withdrawals.

Kagey K

Banned
I can’t imagine what you are going through. If I gave up Caffine/Nicotine/Alcohol and THC I’d be afraid.
There would be too much blood going through my bloodstream, and my body would likely shut down.

Top Bottom