• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't remember an old childhood game I used to play and it's driving me nuts. Help!

So I've had a childhood game stuck in my head for months now, and despite my best efforts I can't think of what it was. I was hoping my scattered memories might be able to have some gaffers able to figure out what it was, because it's bugging me a lot.

Here's everything I can remember:

-The game was out in 1999. I don't know if it was old then, but I think it had just come out. It's definitely no younger than 1999 though. MAYBE early 2000, but I doubt it.

-I don't remember what platform it was on, but it was a console game, not a PC, so I'm assuming PS1 or Dreamcast.

-It was an isometric game, something along the lines of a shooter or maybe melee game. Kind of like Diablo.

-It was sci-fi/cyberpunk. Very gritty and edgy.

-You could select multiple characters, who all had special abilities. I remember one guy had some kind of spider-bombs he could deploy, which would chase enemies around and blow up.

-I think there was a bulky cyborg guy, too, but I'm not 100% on this.

Any ideas, gaf? This is bugging the shit out of me.

danmaku

Skeleton Krew?

sk_eu.jpg

KORNdoggy

So I've had a childhood game stuck in my head for months now, and despite my best efforts I can't think of what it was. I was hoping my scattered memories might be able to have some gaffers able to figure out what it was, because it's bugging me a lot.

Here's everything I can remember:

-The game was out in 1999. I don't know if it was old then, but I think it had just come out. It's definitely no younger than 1999 though. MAYBE early 2000, but I doubt it.

-I don't remember what platform it was on, but it was a console game, not a PC, so I'm assuming PS1 or Dreamcast.

-It was an isometric game, something along the lines of a shooter or maybe melee game. Kind of like Diablo.

-It was sci-fi/cyberpunk. Very gritty and edgy.

-You could select multiple characters, who all had special abilities. I remember one guy had some kind of spider-bombs he could deploy, which would chase enemies around and blow up.

-I think there was a bulky cyborg guy, too, but I'm not 100% on this.

Any ideas, gaf? This is bugging the shit out of me.

project overkill?

ps1_project_overkill_p_86m1im.jpg

Project_Overkill-4.jpg

Hmm, these games all three look possible, but I don't recognize the character I'm seeing lpayed.

Do any of you know if any of them had those 'spider mines' I mentioned? Those are a strong memory.

Top Bottom