• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i really, really need rr6 help.

rod

Banned
does anyone have any tips for winning the final route races? ive won the first but stuck on the 2nd. i always come 2nd. is there any tips for it, like when to use the blue nitrous or what car to use ect

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Angelus all the way for me. Though if you already finished Route 1, it should all be downhill hill from there. Didn't have much trouble with any of the other races whereas route 1 took a good hour of retries to finally best. You should definately be able to get Route 3 and 5 on a single attempt.

Also, if you're going for max achievements make sure you beat Final Route 4 with an online unlocked car to get the final Reiko Fax. Dunno how much you have played online, but it's something to keep in mind if you don't want to race it twice like I did.

You just gotta buckle down and win that shit. RR6 is insanely cheap at times, as with most RR games.

Maybe use the first person view to block passes (if you're not already)? That's all I can think of :lol:

hyp

i beat this game a few weeks ago, and yes the final route is hell. like brandon, i recommend the angelus and i also recommend learning good nitrous conservation. don't use it too early in the races, and if you do, make sure to keep close to 1st place throughout the race. also, learn to block cars behind you better. not only does it help increase your nitrous, but you also gain a better lead by slowing them down.

good luck friend. it's one hell of a route.

rod

Banned
and yeah i also use angelus. cheap isnt the word for this game, it drags cheap through the mud and then shits on it. absolutely

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'd have to go back and look at which track route 2 was to give specific help. I also don't really recommend banking on triple nitrous outside of the final stretch or obvious situations. A steady flow of single or double mixed with well-timed ultimate charging is often more useful at keeping pace. It's also the difference between a good online player and a GOOD online player. :)

Edit: grats!

KingJ2002

I won on dirty racing and pure luck.

most of the time i just let another car bump me into first place.

if i ever lost this game save... i wouldnt play this game anymore.

rod

Banned
well, #3 seems to be much more easier than the others, just the last zig zag tunnel section being pretty hard to take on blue nitrous. then again i thought that before i went on to try #2 50 times :lol

KingJ2002

and just to co-sign what every one esle said.

1. dont make mistakes

2. master the ultimate charge.... use it on the right corners

3. conserve nitrous... using 1 - 2 nitrous sparingly. I realized that i would never catch up by boosting like crazy because the computer would always best me. Conserve nitrous till you get a level 3... in your head.. measure the distance between you, the finish line and determine the angle of the final turn to the straight away.

Instictively (if you're good at the game... if you got to the final route you're good enough)... you will know EXACTLY (i bullshit you not) where to use the level three nitrous so it will burn out before you touch the finish line. If need be... get in front of the car behind you so it can give you an extra boost.

4. use the kamata angelous... it's a mild type but it can hit it's top speed alot better than the others.

- the monstrous is only good when it's boosting and the computer will always beat you in a nitrous race.

- the 13th racing crinale is too loose and wide so it's a car that will screw you over on turns.

5. first person racing slows you down... for me at least... because im more precise on the turns i tend to slow down more.

neptunes

KingJ2002 or Brandon, can either one of you rip the "ending" theme for me?

I think it's only worthwhile song on the entire soundtrack, which is stepdown from it's predecessors.

rod

Banned
HAHAHA 5 TOO, FIRST GO, cheerin, thanks for the tips guys, specially brandons, and the checklist. really helped. i was just using blue nitrous willy nilly.

KingJ2002 said:
and just to co-sign what every one esle said.

1. dont make mistakes

2. master the ultimate charge.... use it on the right corners

3. conserve nitrous... using 1 - 2 nitrous sparingly. I realized that i would never catch up by boosting like crazy because the computer would always best me. Conserve nitrous till you get a level 3... in your head.. measure the distance between you, the finish line and determine the angle of the final turn to the straight away.

Instictively (if you're good at the game... if you got to the final route you're good enough)... you will know EXACTLY (i bullshit you not) where to use the level three nitrous so it will burn out before you touch the finish line. If need be... get in front of the car behind you so it can give you an extra boost.

4. use the kamata angelous... it's a mild type but it can hit it's top speed alot better than the others.

- the monstrous is only good when it's boosting and the computer will always beat you in a nitrous race.

- the 13th racing crinale is too loose and wide so it's a car that will screw you over on turns.

5. first person racing slows you down... for me at least... because im more precise on the turns i tend to slow down more.

What he said....but it's still not that easy. KingJ2002, when are we gonna play together?!

Top Bottom