• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was not prepared to be so entertained by "You Got Served"

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Well, at least the first 5 minutes. :lol Steve Garvey's annoying voice snapped me out of it though, but I did watch most of the first hour. Cool opening sequence, I kept wondering how much owning the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins would do in those competitions if you could warp them in. Those guys are still the baddest dancing fools in movie history, if you told me 4 of them died of massive heart attacks while filming the movie I'd absolutely believe it.

My fav YGS moment - when El's smoking hot sister is, for no conceivable reason, flirting with David's ugly ass and I kept yelling at David to get the hell out of the kitchen before El woke up and somebody got stabbed to death. I'm a sucker for movies like that, but my problem is that I have no experience at all with shit like that so I have no clue which side won until the announcer tells me. Same with Drumline, to me every single synchronized contest like that is a straight draw because it's all the same to me unless somebody falls or fucks up entirely and runs off in tears while the crowd gasps.

EDIT: oh my second favourite YGS moment was every time 2 or more dancers jumped up and stomped on the ground together and the camera shook and that distant 'booom' echoed. That got me every time. And Harvey's character being named "Mr. Rad" was a stroke of bloody genius. And the ending was ace - just when there couldn't be more drama and unintentional comedy Lil' freaking Kim herself drags her skanky bikini clad ta-ta's onstage and encourages a tie breaker involving taking "it" to the "straight up ghetto street".

calder

JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE SHADOW.

Elgin = D'Argo
David = Chricton
El's hot sister = Aryn
the hot sisters's incredibly rude but also hot friend who acts like a total bitch to everyone for no reason = Jool
wormhole technology = secret dance moves

It's practically a hidden season of Farscape, but in movie form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom