• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I wish there was a (graphically heavily toned down) version of Oblivion for Wii...

Status
Not open for further replies.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Mr. Bunnies said:
codwii2ko0.jpg
:lol

If you're torn and can only afford one console now, go with the Wii because it's cheaper, then start socking away money for another console. Trust me, unless you have a severely limited time to play games or an extremely narrow taste, you're going to experience this missing out feeling entirely too much by only owning one console -- especially a Nintendo console, which often misses out on some fantastic third party games. I speak from experience on this one.

Cronox

Banned
Uh, you could use the $400 that would go towards a 360 (don't even talk about the core version), spend $250 on a Wii and $150 on a graphics card/ram upgrade (assuming your CPU is up to it already).

Mr. Bunnies said:

:lol :lol

Personally, I would get an X360 for Oblivion and a Gamecube for Zelda, but it all depends on the kind of games you are into. Actually, the Core X360 isn't that much more expensive than the Wii, but you will be sacrificing some features unfortunately.

X360:

More games
More Third party games
Much better graphics
Upgradeable
XBox Live

Wii:

Slightly cheaper
Nintendo exclusives
Unique controller

Luna104

Also Luna, maybe you can consider buying Oblivion for the PC? If you have the PC to run it, it's the superior version.

I only own one computer, a mid-end notebook. So that's not an option.

If you can only afford one, buy the system that has the most games you want to play. Simple. No point in buying one and begging for the games you really want to play to get ported.

My real problem is this: I grew up with Nintendo. I have to play Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. But those are also the only games I want for Wii. I want more games for 360. So while TP and Galaxy are just two games, they are very important to me. And while there are more games I want on 360, none of them are as special to me as Mario and Zelda. I'm not really liking Nintendo's new direction with a lot of mini-game stuff and 'non-games'. So it's a difficult choice.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Luna104 said:
My real problem is this: I grew up with Nintendo. I have to play Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy. But those are also the only games I want for Wii. I want more games for 360. So while TP and Galaxy are just two games, they are very important to me. And while there are more games I want on 360, none of them are as special to me as Mario and Zelda. I'm not really liking Nintendo's new direction with a lot of mini-game stuff and 'non-games'. So it's a difficult choice.
In that case, get Zelda for the GC and wait for the inevitable Mario Galaxy/Wii bundle and/or Wii pricedrop/Galaxy Player's Choice.

Ranger X

If there is more games that interest you on the 360 this means you go 360. Games are the only thing that should decide.
Twilight and Galaxy won't disappear and it won't be much money to raise for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom