• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If all developers put their franchises on sale, which would you buy?

Which franchise would you like to own?

I'd bid on Final Fantasy, then I'd release a game called "Final Fantasy Final," which won't be really a game, just a blank CD in a cool PS2 box which will sell 6 million worldwide.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Date of Lies said:
Which franchise would you like to own?

I'd bid on Final Fantasy, then I'd release a game called "Final Fantasy Final," which won't be really a game, just a blank CD in a cool PS2 box which will sell 6 million worldwide.

Now I was hoping there'd be at least 3 posts before the thread turned into stupid like this.

impirius

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

- 2.5D four-player beat-em-up
- NES-style platformer
- 1-on-1 fighter

The possibilities are endless!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mason said:
I'd buy Shenmue and tighten up the gameplay and fix a lot of the problems I have with the series.

So you would make a new game?
Tee hee, I'm kidding. I loved Shenmue. :D

I would buy the Dark Cloud series.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'd buy every Sierra "Quest" game, and then give the rights back to the original designers for free. I"d also buy Willy Beamish, but I'd force a sequel/remake of that game using the same hand-drawn cel animation style as the first.

Why?

Because 3D would be a travesty.

xsarien said:
I'd buy every Sierra "Quest" game

Space Quest is mine :D

RWautograph.jpg

bjork

Berzerk, because it still hasn't been reissued. wtf.

Pirates!, just so I can say I own it.

NiGHTS and Klonoa, so I can flood the market with sequels that rule

AntoneM

Madden, and then I'd use the money I make to buy all the other frnachises I want.

--edit--
yeah, I'm that "I'd wish for more wishes" jerk

Shadowrun. [/broken record] :D

Edit: (oh we're allowed more than one! that changes everything)

Blade Runner, Mutant League Football, Act Raiser, Parasite Eve, Earthbound, Persona (I'd make the games more fun and less repetitious) and just for shits and giggles: Deja Vu.

El Papa

I would buy Zelda, the I would buy Miyamoto and force him to be Director. The I would buy Aonuma and force him to Direct a side story like Majora's Mask.

Senretsu

I'd buy Sam and Max and release that sucka.

Then I'd throw my head back ,laughing and sitting on top of my money at the bastards at Lucasarts for canceling the game as Star Wars game 327 bombs ends up on the bargain bin..

but really, it would have to be pokemon, not only for the 200 metric tons of money, but the huge consumer name brand impact, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's never heard of pokemon, and people will be talking about it for a long time to come, that is amazing regardless of what you think of pokemon. (of course since i didn't create pokemon it wouldn't mean the same thing that I just typed, but still)

Cimarron

Phantasy Star and change Phantasy Star Universe into PSV.

After that I would whore the series out as a brilliant MMORPG and use the profits to buy each and every top level exec of sammy and sega only to sell them into slavery at a "massage parlor" for the sins they have commited against humanity.

I'd buy the Sega Rally franchise.

Theres no damn reason that we should be waiting so long for Sega Rally 3. I wouldn't dare make it a frequent update though. One installment every 4 years is more than fine,where we would see the franchise release only once per generation of hardware.

On a side note-maybe we'll see SR3 next year though,that would be about 5-6 years since SR2. Theres been more than enough time passed now,surely Sega have had the creative juices flowing for a new Sega Rally to wow us over.

Volt

Cimarron said:
Phantasy Star and change Phantasy Star Universe into PSV.

After that I would whore the series out as a brilliant MMORPG and use the profits to buy each and every top level exec of sammy and sega only to sell them into slavery at a "massage parlor" for the sins they have commited against humanity.

This would've also been my answer, well except for the whoring out in MMORPG form.. :)

So I'll have to select another franchise, and I'd probably go for Fire Emblem. My first move would be to translate and release all the previous FE games in PAL and US territories :)

Hooker

Total Annihilation - Make a sequel with killer graphics. Units with flashlights walking through the woods (with killer shadowing effects while being ambushed by some small kbots hiding behind trees and stuff :) Stuff like that

Pokémon - Make the biggest baddest MMORPG EVER!!

Metroid - Make it a 2D platformer again

Top Bottom