• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If the big hitters like Halo and Gears DO come to PlayStation, are you expecting cross play?

cormack12

Gold Member
Both known for their co-op campaigns, PvE online and PvP online?

A hope too far?

How will it affect Xbox Live etc

RoboFu

One of the green rats
sure if you want to sub to game pass core.

mr-burns-mr-burns-laughing.gif

• LOL
Reactions: Pop

Audiophile

Not particularly into them myself but it'd certainly make sense. The larger group of players keeps the game alive for longer and also allows for more variety in maps, modes etc. as the player base isn't spread so thin.

If they do then that would be pretty funny, because they aren't going to have you make a second account to act as a man in the middle, which means PS players would have to sign into xbox live lmao.
That or it would just be matchmaking, not invites.

Why wouldn't they? Basically every game has cross play now. There is no reason for them to not do it.

Plus it could give more life to stuff like Halo Infinite which would be nice.

Nydius

It would be crazy NOT to be cross-play as a major reason for doing this is to boost the health of those respective franchises.

Drop Halo Infinite multiplayer on PS5 with cross-play and there'll be an immediate infusion of new players in a game that's been declining.

T4keD0wN

I am of the opinion that if youre releasing a multiplayer game in 2024 and it doesnt have at least opt-in crossplay your company deserves to go under.

coffinbirth

Not with exploited PS5's and transferrable hacked saves now being a thing. Currently the only way to get into a Warzone lobby with 0% hackers is an Xbox-only custom match. There was like a two month window after Cronus got nerfed on PS5, but now the floodgates are open. Very early days, but be fully aware, the swamp is rising.

I'm all for larger player pools and cross play, but only if the lobbies don't become script stomps...which requires locked down systems.

That being said, there are generally far less cheaters/hackers in Halo/Gears than CoD.

Sethbacca

If you're going to promote the Xbox brand as an ecosystem rather than the hardware it's on, you don't do it by segmenting the playerbase. That said, they'd probably do something stupid like this, so maybe.

Killjoy-NL

Kinda funny to think that Xbox will need crossplay with PS to prevent Halo and Gears multiplayer from becoming a deserted wasteland.

NEbeast

MS seems always to do crossplay with PC. Sony usually have that as an option if you want PC crossplay. I hope they stick with that, full crossplay with PC should be an option. I don't want those dirty cheaters in my lobbies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom