• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you are a Gamestop/EB employee, respond to the PS3/Wii preoder Mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I, like a number of you, have worked at gamestop before. I actually worked there for a good 6 years of my life. When I fist started there it was Software Etc, later I moved and transfered to a Babbages, and finally that became known as Gamestop. I recently moved from Panama City, FL to Kentucky and I decided to hang up the Gamestop job and get a job in the food industry since it pays like twice as much. However, having worked for these places I know that they hear things faster than most people. Especially when it has to do with console launch information. I, like many on this forum, want to know when we can plop down some cash and reserve these things. I understand that it is going to be on a first come first get a system basis even on reserves since their is such a great shortage. However, it makes sense to me that if I can at least get in the store the morning it opens the day they intend to start reserving PS3s and Wiis then the greater my chances of getting higher up on the list are, which increases my chances of getting a console. However, every time i call they just give me a response like, "beginning of october" or "in a couple weeks". So, I am asking you employees who work for Gamestop or EB would you please do this forum a great service and let us know the moment you get information about when we can start preording. Perhaps you already know. Heck, this might be the seventh thread like this. However, if you would humor this gamer I would be very much obliged.:)

Apparently you confused this thing we call an "exclamation mark" with a "question mark".

So when you meant to make an inquiry we all expected an exclamatory.

Scalemail Ted said:
Apparently you confused this thing we call an "exclamation mark" with a "question mark".
No, that would have implied that they may in fact have already responded, but it hasn't been confirmed. What he needed was a comma after "employees."

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
franke8568 said:
I am asking you employees who work for Gamestop or EB would you please let us know the moment you get information about when we can start preording.

First post fixed. :p

I changed the threa title to appease the masses. However, let the record show that the old thread title was not meant to pose a question. It was an imperative statement. It could have read: "If you are a gamestop employee, tell me when I can preoder a PS3."

franke8568 said:
I changed the threa title to appease the masses. However, let the record show that the old thread title was not meant to pose a question. It was an imperative statement. It could have read: "If you are a gamestop employee, tell me when I can preoder a PS3."
Chris Remo said:
What he needed was a comma after "employees."
The way you wrote it was grammatically incorrect given the way you intended it.

All the GS managers are at a big conference at the moment. We should know if/when pre-orders are going to happen when they get back this weekend.

SumGamer

My friend went to pre-order Trauma Center for me and ask about the console. The guy said he should know about it next week and ask my friend to ring back. He also said he believe the console will be out real fast so he might pre-order one(if there is any) as well lol.

Rookies1stDay said:
Thanks for taking one for the team
Seconded. This thread sucks and is misleading : (
SumGamer said:
My friend went to pre-order Trauma Center for me and ask about the console. The guy said he should know about it next week and ask my friend to ring back. He also said he believe the console will be out real fast so he might pre-order one(if there is any) as well lol.
I God damn hate employees when it comes to video games. What a waste of time, they can keep their minimun wage and straw-grasping egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom