• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could make a video game movie, who would you get to direct/write/star in it?

DryvBy

I was watching a movie on Vudu from infamous trash director Uwe Bowelmovement called BloodRayne 2 and was talking to my wife as to why it's so rare even in this day and age to get a quality video game movie. I figured I'd make this fun thread.

What movie would you want to see made, who would make it, and who would star in it? And which plotline would you go with from which game?

Duke Nukem
Director: Ilya Naishuller (Hardcore Henry)
Writer: Michael Bacall (21 Jump Street and Scott Pilgrim)
Stars:
*Duke Nukem: Arnold Schwarzenegger
*Stripper: Katy Perry (lol)
Plot (or specific story line from a game): Some alien bastards have destroyed Duke's ride and they're gonna pay. Plus, he's all out of gum. Duke Nukem 3D's basic story. Just non-stop action.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Movie: Mass Effect
Director: Peter Jackson
Writers: Peter Jackson/Fran Walsh/Philippa Boyens
Star: J.D. Pardo/Shannyn Sossamon

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Movie: Asura's Wrath
Director: Takeshi Koike (who directed Redline)
Studio: Madhouse

Mr.Bond

Grand theft auto v
Director: Michael mann
Writer: Michael mann
Michael/ Josh Brolin, Frank/ Jamie Foxx, Trevor/ Steven Ogg.

Dead Space
Director: Neill Blomkamp

He’s already proven that he would be perfectly capable:

Oh and Aaron Paul as Isaac Clarke. He has the intensity to play Isaac. He can be scared, angry and all the things Isaac embodies at the same time. Plus I can’t wait to hear him say “DIE BITCH!”

Aaron-Paul-Crying-Scared-To-Shoot-On-Breaking-Bad.gif

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Too many games to think of. But getting Christopher Nolan to write and direct would make it one of the greatest movies of all time

Top Bottom