• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Dark Knight Review 5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Hitokage said:
The "don't mess with spiderman!" part?

I feel so bad for Spider-Man fans who had to watch Spider-Man 1 in NYC

"U MESS WIT SPIDA-MAN, U MESS WIT NEW YAWK!!!111"

It still hurts, doesn't it Matrix?!

karasu said:
I HATE this 'realism' thing that Gaffers throw alongside Batman Begins. Millionaire goes to the mountains to be trained by ninjas and comes back to save the world with his conveniently placed alliances? Come on. You have to be fucking insane to think it's realistic.

well it IS still a comic book movie, and i don't know that its neccesarily the realism, but at least they try to have realistic explanation for things, like all of batman's gadgets and shit. Someone explain to me how a geeky teenager would have the resources to make a suit like in Spiderman, and why the hell he'd make it red and blue? When's the last time you saw a red and blue spider?

Dabanton

DMczaf said:

That was awful lol.

Penguin

DMczaf said:

I was a fan.
I use to work on the island with the trolley. :lol

I liked it better in 2 when Doc Ock just pushed them out of the way.

Solo said:
His remake of the vastly superior orginal of Insomnia was pretty disastrous.

In your opinion, but the majority of critics and people in general would disagree as the 92% on rotten tomatoes would suggest.

Penguin

There's a pretty funny commercial for Comcast out.

About a family that just moved to Gotham.
And the father asks how everything is going.

The mom is like some nutjob blew up the van with a rocket launcher.
The daughter comes out the bathroom holding a can of Fear toxin and asks her parents what it is.
The dad is looking at the newspaper and there is an explosion next to their house.

Don't know why liked.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Hitokage said:
The "don't mess with spiderman!" part?

Are you going to tell me that sequence wasn't good? The fight, the stopping of the train?

cmon man. All of the action in Batman Begins put together doesn't even compete with that sequence alone.

That Sequence had every theater in the world cheering.

WrikaWrek said:
Are you going to tell me that sequence wasn't good? The fight, the stopping of the train?

cmon man. All of the action in Batman Begins put together doesn't even compete with that sequence alone.

That Sequence had every theater in the world cheering.

Not in the theater where I saw SM2.

effzee

ok ill join this shit fest of a argument.

i thought spiderman 2 was good. great even. better than parts 1 and definitely part 3.

i have it a notch below X2 which is below BB.

back on topic....TDK!!!

Kevin Smith saw the movie and wrote a small review in his myspace blog.
Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that's not an overstatement). It's the "Godfather II" of comic book films and three times more earnest than "Batman Begins" (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn't so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I'm not the first to suggest this, but he'll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick's nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.

loveanalsex said:
Nooo. Iron Man, 300 and V for Vendetta and Sin City are all better comic book movies than Spiderman.

300 was trash. It was a 10 minute movie stretched to 2 hours through the magic of slow motion. :lol

V for Vandetta was just ok, Iron Man was FANTASTIC.

permutated said:
300 was trash. It was a 10 minute movie stretched to 2 hours through the magic of slow motion. :lol

V for Vandetta was just ok, Iron Man was FANTASTIC.

V for Vendetta was a completely different movie than Iron Man. It was also a better movie. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:

:lol

It really does.

7Th

loveanalsex said:
Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.

So that means it's not a masterpiece after all?
awesome2.png

Snidely Whiplash said:
What about all the other reviews that have gone up that aren't IGN? Or do you only trust A.O. Scott?

I pretty much don't listen to reviews typically, so I won't decide anything on the film till I see it. But I am just taking reviews for this movie less than a grain of salt, just due to the amount of hype surrounding it.

It looks like its going to be awesome though. :D

But IGN reviews really are fucking horrible.

Karma Kramer said:
I pretty much don't listen to reviews typically, so I won't decide anything on the film till I see it. But I am just taking reviews for this movie less than a grain of salt, just due to the amount of hype surrounding it.

It looks like its going to be awesome though. :D

But IGN reviews really are fucking horrible.
I agree, IGN reviews are very fucking awful.

Hope the action isnt still Random Shaky Crap. The one complaint i had of the first movie was that the action scenes sucked ass.

Kabuki Waq said:
Hope the action isnt still Random Shaky Crap. The one complaint i had of the first movie was that the action scenes sucked ass.
According to pretty much every review so far, and Stinkles, you can actually see all the action this time.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Snidely Whiplash said:
According to pretty much every review so far, and Stinkles, you can actually see all the action this time.
Good to hear...shaky-cam is a cheap, lazy cover for crappy direction.

My other big problem with the first movie was the dialogue. It seemed like every single line had to be laden with portent and meaning--which made it sound overwrought and unnatural.

Chairman Yang said:
they didn't have a proper amount of time to choreograph things in batman begins, so they had to use quick cuts like they did

in the dark knight, bale had a lot more time to learn the fighting styles and work on the scenes like they should be shot

loveanalsex said:
Kevin Smith saw the movie and wrote a small review in his myspace blog.
Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that's not an overstatement). It's the "Godfather II" of comic book films and three times more earnest than "Batman Begins" (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn't so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I'm not the first to suggest this, but he'll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. Fucking flick's nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.

I would have been more impressed if he compared it to the godfather. Godfather > Godfather II.

Sanjuro

favouriteflavour said:
I would have been more impressed if he compared it to the godfather. Godfather > Godfather II.
The general consensus is Godfather =< Godfather II. They are both identical in quality, the sequel just has a incredible tale of two stories.

Oh shit...

I just realized that The Dark Knight will be opening when the Off Topic forum will be down due to E3. We won't be able to have nerdgasms about the movie!!! THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF MASTERPIECES WILL BE DELAYED.

MY GOD. WHAT HAVE WE DONE?

ezekial45

Banned
Skiptastic said:
Oh shit...

I just realized that The Dark Knight will be opening when the Off Topic forum will be down due to E3. We won't be able to have nerdgasms about the movie!!! THE OFFICIAL THREAD OF MASTERPIECES WILL BE DELAYED.

Oh damn. I forgot about that. :lol

EDIT: How many days will it be closed?

Costanza

Banned
Skiptastic said:
Oh shit...

Mods will probably move the official thread into Gaming.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
The general consensus is Godfather =< Godfather II. They are both identical in quality, the sequel just has a incredible tale of two stories.

I prefer godfather because of its pace. Godfather II feels like its meandering at times.

vas_a_morir said:
V for Vandetta is garbage!
It has Natalie Portman. I bought the Darjeeling Limited for Natalie Portman. I watched Goya's Ghosts for Natalie Portman. I own two copies of Episode One, one for Darth Maul, and the other for Natalie Portman. Leon The Professional is sexier than any non-Natalie Portman movie.

V for Vendetta is the best fucking comic book movie ever made, and I don't even know what it's about.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Skiptastic said:
Oh shit...

Too bad E3 is dead.

Quincey

Banned
Chairman Yang said:

My other big problem with the first movie was the dialogue. It seemed like every single line had to be laden with portent and meaning--which made it sound overwrought and unnatural.

That was my biggest problem. The dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom