• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN The Rub Rabbits! Review

ivysaur12

Banned
The Rub Rabbits! Review

"Closing Comments
The original Feel the Magic XY/XX brought us a really clever new franchise, but it still felt a little rushed and it was clear that certain elements, like multiplayer and a more branched-out gaming experience, had to be sacrificed to get the game out in time for the system's launch. On the flipside, The Rub Rabbits! is everything that Feel the Magic XY/XX meant to be, and ultimately its lengthier game progression, and meatier options list makes it a better game. All this comes at the expense of being a game that repeats the features that made the original so clever. But if you're cool with the Déjà vu feel, then you'll have no problems with The Rub Rabbits!

IGN's Ratings for The Rub Rabbits! (DS)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.5 Presentation
The Rub Rabbits world has already been established, so it's not an entirely new experience. But the team went all out with a more cohesive, funnier story, multiplayer support, and way more games.
8.0 Graphics
The same silouhette style of Feel the Magic is used here, but the team now work 3D on both screens for more creative mini-game designs.
8.0 Sound
The odd, surreal, but enjoyable musical style of Feel the Magic, like the graphical style, is reused in The Rub Rabbits. There's just more of it.
8.0 Gameplay
There are a lot of creative ideas here, and a lot of touch screen variety in the designs. Tons to do and enjoy, but a few games are recycled, others are just "busy work" instead of challenging.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The main storyline's over in a couple hours, but it's extended with a "second story" with harder versions of the games. Then there's singleand multisystem multiplayer to beef up the play time.
Impressive"

The Rub Rabbits! Get!

StRaNgE

Banned
the 1st one took me 4 hours to beat and to this day i still want my 4 hours back.

if it's a deja vue experiance then i'll stay far , far away

I loved the zaniness on Feel The Magic so I will probably pick this up sometime (I expect a quick pricedrop though so I will probably wait for that to happen)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm surprised they kept the theme the same and didn't come up with some lame Rub Rabbits song.

Jiggy

So, with people's comments on Feel The Magic, I'm guessing this is akin to Pokemon Snap, enjoyable but way too short to justify its price?

Ill buy this form 25 or less. And knowing it will sell less than 15,000 copies in the firts month means I wont have to wait too long.

Top Bottom