• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Worst Reviewed Games of 2023

RedC

From 04/10 ratings to 01/10 ratings.
1. Wanted: Dead
2: Crime Boss: Rockay City
3: Redfall
4: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
5: Everybody 1-2-Switch!
6: Unholy
7: Gord
8: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Quest for Balance
9: EA Sports FC 24 (Switch Version)
10: Stray Souls
11: The Lords of the Rings: Return to Moria
12: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Campaign)
13: Bluey: The Videogame
14: The Anacrusis
15: Fortnite Festival
16: Greyhill Incident
17: Mortal Kombat 1 (Switch version)
18: Skull Island: Rise of Kong
19: Testament: The Order of High Human
20: Flashback 2
21: The Walking Dead: Destinies
22: The Day Before

I vehemently disagree with Wanted: Dead being at the level of these games. Wanted: Dead is an unpolished but earnest 7-ish type of game with solid combat mechanics and overall goofy charm that will rank higher to people who get it.

Game skills should be mandatory for reviews, that's why we have stupid scores for God Hand, Wanted Dead and many others.

I don't care about those morons reviews, but at the same time its unfair to destroy the reputation of good games. That affect sales.

So IGN, shut up.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Angry The Lord Of The Rings GIF

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wanted Dead absolutely does belong on that list.

It’s just a matter of people being more willing to tolerate it because of the developer’s pedigree.

kunonabi

I agree that Wanted: Dead shouldn't be there. Game is mad fun and I love how much they tried to fit in there. Crime Boss is also underrated. The rest I can't argue with.

I'm not even the biggest fan of the game but giving it a 4.0 seems absurd.

I got a beef with how IGN utterly tore NeverDead apart for some nonsensical reasons and left it to rot in the gutter. Wanted: Dead seems to be another case of that kind of "expert critic" assessment. This IGN debacle makes me want to check out Devil's third, another game that got raked hard by them.

I've read some vouch for it not being nearly as bad as they and other journos portrayed it to be when they ravaged it,

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got a beef with how IGN utterly tore NeverDead apart for some nonsensical reasons and left it to rot in the gutter. Wanted: Dead seems to be another case of that kind of "expert critic" assessment. This IGN debacle makes me want to check out Devil's third, another game that got raked hard by them.

I've read some vouch for it not being nearly as bad as they and other journos portrayed it to be when they ravaged it,
Devil's Third was also really fun. It had some frame rate dips in the last level and the bosses could be uneven difficulty wise but I enjoyed it. And it had a surprisingly complex and intricate multiplayer with persistent bases you build with defenses and invasions and all kinds of stuff. The campaign was small by comparison. Wanted Dead is better than DT but I enjoyed them both.

Devil's Third was also really fun. It had some frame rate dips in the last level and the bosses could be uneven difficulty wise but I enjoyed it. And it had a surprisingly complex and intricate multiplayer with persistent bases you build with defenses and invasions and all kinds of stuff. The campaign was small by comparison. Wanted Dead is better than DT but I enjoyed them both.
Thankfully, I don't throw a fit over a game dipping a couple of frames. Its not something that will have a wild bearing on my overall enjoyment. Its just one, single component. A game's overall playability value is always determined by the sum of its parts imo and not to one isolated area. If the framerate is even, consistently high 60 FPS <, then that's super nice, but not critical. I bet some techies ferociously disagree with that sentiment.

Btw, I still have Wanted: dead in my backlog and plan on tackling it some time next year.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Thankfully, I don't throw a fit over a game dipping a couple of frames. Its not something that will have a wild bearing on my overall enjoyment. Its just one, single component. A game's overall playability value is always determined by the sum of its parts imo and not to one isolated area. If the framerate is even, consistently high 60 FPS <, then that's super nice, but not critical. I bet some techies wild ferociously disagree with that sentiment.

Btw, I still have Wanted: dead in my backlog and plan on tackling it some time next year.
Hope you like it. Its definitely divisive

Hope you like it. Its definitely divisive
If its divisive in terms of gameplay flexibility, skill ceiling and learning curve, then I consider it a plus. I place higher importance on developers daring/experiment to try something new in order to break common gameplay conventions or challenge you in how to play games differently.

Top Bottom