• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm very disappointed in some of the decisions made by Bungie

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Bungie is not a good game dev for a long time now. Their last good game was halo reach.

MagnesD3

We'll see if they'll make good on their word not to remove any more story content from D2. I mean, you can't trust these bozos anyway but if that's actually true then that's at least one step in the right direction. The other one would be to put back all of the vaulted story content back in the game.
If they put all back then I would shut up but until then they are some of most unethical game developers I've seen. Also thier word means nothing about not doing it again just like it meant nothing when you gave your money for game content that got deleted

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
I guess people have too high expectations towards Bungie like awaiting for the next new Halo successor or something. They have been focusing on MP games for like 10 years now. It is a completely different studio than it was and they managed to find their niche. Still, the Marathon announcement was really cool and got me excited for like 10s then I figured out it was just another extraction shooter.

MagnesD3

I guess people have too high expectations towards Bungie like awaiting for the next new Halo successor or something. They have been focusing on MP games for like 10 years now. It is a completely different studio than it was and they managed to find their niche. Still, the Marathon announcement was really cool and got me excited for like 10s then I figured out it was just another extraction shooter.
If me not wanting them to steal my money is a high expectation than yes.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Some reason the art/aesthetic reminded me of Mirror's Edge (excellent game, needs VR). Just need to see more gameplay. Wish they would port Destiny 1 to PC. 4k visuals, higher framerates, etc.

MagnesD3

Then stop giving them money lol
Don't worry I haven't been lol I'm not dumb. It is a bummer though because I really did want to get into Destiny eventually due to bungie being the developer but when I found out what they had done I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
Don't worry I haven't been lol I'm not dumb. It is a bummer though because I really did want to get into Destiny eventually due to bungie being the developer but when I found out what they had done I couldn't believe it.
The only thing we can do is fight with our own wallets. It has worked in the past and it will continue working. Perhaps they will get their shit together when they feel they are loosing money.

MagnesD3

The only thing we can do is fight with our own wallets. It has worked in the past and it will continue working. Perhaps they will get their shit together when they feel they are loosing money.
Idk I don't believe the general gaming audience has the will to fight against FOMO. It would be nice tho.

BlackTron

I can't tell whether OP was making satire or not. It's written like satire, but some of the points are cogent. Either satirizing some valid points, or ranting with the worst form ever. Either way, I'm uncomfortable.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Bungie is not a good game dev for a long time now. Their last good game was halo reach.
Nah, Destiny is good shit that's marred by mismanagement and anti-consumer bullshit.

The fact that you can currently find 4,5 hour long videos on YouTube that summarize JUST the storyline of those games should tell you that they have crafted a truly unique world with deep lore and some epic storytelling, and combined with really great gunplay that Bungie has always excelled at, makes for a pretty compelling package. Even for a solo player such as myself.

Which is what makes it so infuriating that they have so little regard for the legacy content and make every decision to milk the player base as much as possible with each new expansion.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I can't tell whether OP was making satire or not. It's written like satire, but some of the points are cogent. Either satirizing some valid points, or ranting with the worst form ever. Either way, I'm uncomfortable.
Here's a normal version that got locked, lol.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nah, Destiny is good shit that's marred by mismanagement and anti-consumer bullshit.

The fact that you can currently find 4,5 hour long videos on YouTube that summarize JUST the storyline of those games should tell you that they have crafted a truly unique world with deep lore and some epic storytelling, and combined with really great gunplay that Bungie has always excelled at, makes for a pretty compelling package. Even for a solo player such as myself.

Which is what makes it so infuriating that they have so little regard for the legacy content and make every decision to milk the player base as much as possible with each new expansion.
What you are saying only makes Destiny sound worse.... obscure storytelling and as you've said -anti-consumer bs

BlackTron

Here's a normal version that got locked, lol.

Oh, so we wrapped it up in an awkward package of woke tropes to improve delivery of the message. NOW I get it!

*backs away slowly*

HTK

Banned
Bungie for me personally has been irrelevant for the last 10 years…they’ve done nothing for me it’s like they don’t even exist as a studio.

I hope Marathon can change that.

Top Bottom