• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Importers: what are you anticipating now in the next months?

Ganondorfo

Because every japanese rpg is out, so what are the next plans, i think yakuza 2 and blue dragon, am I right?

This is a question to the gamers who import from japan or who live there.

bjork

I usually only look for new Bemani games I don't have, but other than that, it seems to have been slow as far as interesting imports lately. They must fear Pokemon.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
For me Blue Dragon, Culdcept, DOAX2 (will be released later in Europe), EDF3 and Lost Planet for the 360.
And most of the PS3 launch titles of course.
Yikes.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think the rest of this month is just portables. This week, there's Ace Combat X, Spectral Vs. Generation, and Shinobido for PSP, and also Gyakuten Saiban 2 and Lode Runner for the DS. JoJo's for PS2 is out thursday too, but I want to wait and see what others think about it first.

I can't think of too much else coming out that I'm really anticipating for the current systems (not counting 360 since most games are released in the U.S.) other than some more portable titles like Metal Gear Portable Ops and Castlevania. I think most of the focus is going to be on Wii and PS3 stuff, but I always tend to forget about so much.

Recent releases I haven't seen mentioned here that have been fun are Gundam Battle Royale on PSP, Gunpey for DS, and very little has been mentioned of Minna No Tennis around here.

Mandoric

Banned
EDFX, and coming into next year SRW OGs.

Possibly the PS3 and X360 Gundam games depending on how assy the localization is or how much of a time gap; neither focus on specific series, so probably the US versions, though. If the next few months weren't such a cash sink anyway I'd be thinking Summon Night 4 and maybe new Taiko. FF6 if there's a long gap.

Seiken Densetsu 4 and Wild Arms 5 I'm going to hold out on both of, under the assumption that both series are way way downhill from the mid-90s iterations I actually enjoyed.

Detective Evangelion I'm anticipating not so much for itself as to laugh at the people who buy it, and the screenshots its retarded minigames produce.

kinda late but i just got and am enjoying this:
PA.66739.001.jpg

Ronok

Drummania V2 comes out on November 22nd so I'm defo going to be getting that...... It's not as good as V3, but, due to the shitty state of arcades in London (I don't know where I can find a single Drummania machine let alone V3) whatever the ps2 gets will have to be ok for me. :(

Captain N

I'm suprised no one said they're excited for Jump Ultimate Stars, but I thought it was pretty popular here. Plus now the game has wi-fi connection multiplayer.

Joeholley

Lyte Edge said:
Recent releases I haven't seen mentioned here that have been fun are Gundam Battle Royale on PSP, Gunpey for DS, and very little has been mentioned of Minna No Tennis around here.

Wait, what? New Minna no Tennis?

And to answer the thread starter's question: I'm definately there for the new DS Gyakuten Saiban (although it's not new, never played the GBA ones so it's all good) and Ys Origins for PC. I'm waiting to see when the KH2 remake gets released (or have they already announced it's next year?), but other than that, I'll be hanging out for the US locs, for the most part.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
those psp konami shooter compilations in january. i'll buy all three, though probably not at once. salamander takes priority cos it's got ****ING XEXEX

i'd love to play edf3, but i'm sure it'll be region-locked.

Tsubaki

Gyakuten Saiban 2 DS
Beatmania IIDX 12th Happy Sky

What RPGs are coming out? The only one I'd like to try is Trusty Bell but no 360.

duckroll

PS2:
Ryu ga Gotoku 2
Monster World Complete Collection
Phantasy Star Collection

Xbox360:
Gears of War
DoAX2
Blue Dragon
EDF3
Lost Planet

GC:
Zelda Twilight Princess

Shapermc

duckroll said:
Monster World Complete Collection
Yeah, this is pretty much all that is getting me excited from Japan lately. Probably because I'm broke.

Anyways, what's the official release date on this. I remember looking for it on play-asia recently and not being able to find it.

Bebpo

Banned
In order of importance:

-Metal Gear Solid Portable OPS
-Earth Defense Force 3
-Tales of Destiny remake
-Blue Dragon
-Ryu Ga Gotoku 2
-Lost Planet
-Tales of the World
-Ys Origin
-Armored Core 4

Bo130

anotheriori said:
I thought Jump Superstars sucked will I be impressed by the sequel?

Most likely not, I'd say.

I'm getting it, though - loved it, only thing it lacked was opponents. Now, with online added, problem solved :D

Top Bottom