• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Importing games from Europe rant

bycha

If you happen to live in Europe videogames will cost you a penny. If you happen to live outside EU it will cost even more.

The difference between importing everythin else and videogames is very discouragin.

Take DVDs or CDs for example. You can go to sites like dvdpacific.com. These shops fully utilize their non-retail nature with low-low prices and huge stocks. There are around 50000 items available. Items cost ~$20 only close to release and after half a year it's sub-$10 territory. WW shipping cost $2 + $1 per DVD. Surely, it will take 2-3 weeks to arrive, but at that price you can't go wrong and you can choose faster option. So you pretty much pay what US citizen will pay for it or little more. Isn't it the reason people import?

Now take videogames. videogamesplus.ca is considered to be the best in business when it comes to importing videogames from NA. For example, Player's Choice titles for GC cost $28 + $7 shipping. So it's $35 per game -- close to 2 TIMES more then what US citizen will pay for it retail shop. Some of the desired videogames already can't be bought and it seems there isn't much choice to chose from when importin videogames. What is really outrageous is DIFFERENCE between importing videogames and more traditional forms of entertainment.

Rant was fueled by inevitability of paying $100 to play Guitar Hero -- and only thing I need is just original controller.

So, anybody feels the same? Any solutions?

Kazenone

relyt9 said:
Play-Asia is pretty good for importing games. Nice prices, just they not the best of keeping things in stock...

They also have a nasty habit of not removing items that are out of print/stock. Half their ivnentory on the site is not available. That being said, I found it the best place to get my Japanese DS games.

www.yesasia.com and www.renchi.com are also good places too. YesAsia has a really strict credit card policy - so be careful.

Top Bottom