• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2017 [January] New Year, still Indie GOTY Voting time!

Linelight - $9.99 (PC, Mac)
gif_v0.4.2_02.gif

http://linelightgame.com/

Linelight is a refreshingly inventive, minimalist puzzle-adventure game. It takes the wildly simple premise of "What if everything takes place on a line?" and rockets it into outer space

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Kitty Horrorshow, known for her unsettling titles like ANATOMY, has set up a special week-long bundle, with proceeds going directly to the ACLU. Included are some games which were previously Patreon-exclusive, as well as a copy of ANATOMY itself, which is $2.99 on its own. Minimum price of $1, with a Pay What You Want option.

In a similar vein, Cardboard Computer is currently holding a sale for Kentucky Route Zero on Itch.io for the next few days, donating all funds raised to the ACLU as well. The page doesn't specify if a Steam key is provided, in case that is important for you!

Quote - $14.99 (PC, Mac)
b.jpg

http://quote-game.com/

Quote is a beautifully twisted action role-playing game about cleansing the world of knowledge.
You are the chief inquisitor of Bliss, God of Ignorance, sent to eradicate all wisdom, science and culture. Let nothing survive the purge.
Hunt down those who would impose the tyranny of knowledge upon the world. Destroy their works. Bludgeon the very thoughts from their wicked heads with a wide array of explosive combat powers.

Wozman23

I kinda want to try Linelight as well after learning about it in the PSblog, but then I also saw this:

Candleman - $14.99 (XB1)
candleman.jpg

http://candleman.me/

Take on the role of a lowly candle with the ability to burn for a meager 10 seconds. This power, though small, is Candleman's only resource against the challenges and obstacles in the darkness ahead. Trapped in the darkness, Candleman must burn himself to illuminate the nearby environment and find the way out.

Teaser Trailer
Launch Trailer

The developer, Spotlightor Interactive, is based in Beijing, China.

EDIT: Played through Candleman.

Quaint is probably the best term to describe it. The platforming is all pretty simple stuff. There's some evolution to it, but throughout the three and a half hours it's never really much of a challenge. It's mechanically lean, with only a jump button and light candle button. The light your way mechanic is interesting, but rarely did I find myself at the end of my wick. From a technical standpoint, it isn't that impressive either. Animations and frame rate aren't always the greatest. The few puzzle sections were bare bones. The majority of the candles scattered throughout the levels weren't very difficult to find... Yet still, the titular character, overall atmosphere, and world have a certain charm to them that I really enjoyed. Candleman isn't a very good technical platformer, but it's a lovely artistic platformer.

Nabs

I really hope this Humble Monthly is good. I wouldn't mind playing some indie games as some of you guys play through 'em.

I really hope this Humble Monthly is good. I wouldn't mind playing some indie games as some of you guys play through 'em.
This'll be my first time with the service. Had originally decided to try Gamepump, but then they botched the launch. Browsing through Humble's past months, they've had great games every time, so I have high hopes for this one

Nabs

The Monthly bundles have been okay for me. I usually find one game that I end up liking. I'll probably sell the games I don't want, and go and pick up something like Alwa's Awakening.

Oh yeah, it's out and looks really good:

The Monthly bundles have been okay for me. I usually find one game that I end up liking. I'll probably sell the games I don't want, and go and pick up something like Alwa's Awakening.

Oh yeah, it's out and looks really good:

Every bundle seems to have at least two or three great indie games, so that's a pretty good track record

I hadnt heard of Alwa's Awakening. Description makes it sound like it's more of a puzzler than action-platformer

Drinkel

I hadnt heard of Alwa's Awakening. Description makes it sound like it's more of a puzzler than action-platformer
It's definitely a mix. The bosses are quite action based and there's some really challenging platforming towards the end. The devs are a friends of mine so take that as you will.

Wok

indiegala has a rare good looking bundle up, most of the stuff is positive on steam, but most importantly, most of it was interesting enough for me initially to be on my wishlist.

$1

Escape The Past
Slash or Die
Verlies II

$3.50

Alphadia Genesis
Steamroll
Obliteracers
Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates
God of Word
KWAAN
Project Abyss

none of them seem to be repeats either. Good bundle? Good bundle.

edit: almost all have cards too

Obliteracers is in a bundle for $3.50.

Eggiem

I have an extra Abzu key if anybody is interested in playing.

PM sent.

On-topic: My game of the month is definitely "Empty".
It's short, fun, free and innovative.
I'm looking forward to the next Ludum Dare.
------------------------------
Voting

1. Empty
2. Astroneer
3. Tangent

Edit: Abzu was abzulutely great! Thanks spindoc!

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
PM sent.

On-topic: My game of the month is definitely "Empty".
It's short, fun, free and innovative.
I'm looking forward to the next Ludum Dare.
------------------------------
Voting

1. Empty
2. Astroneer
3. Tangent

Check your PMs Eggie

etrain911

Hey IndieGAF! I was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations for games that are similar to Picross 3D. Whenever I google it, I only find good Picross replacements and I figure that the world of indies is a wide enough world where there has to be something.

Also I just played We Become What We Behold, I found it really powerful for a five minute browser game. Worth your time if you have a short burst.

r3n4ud

Hey IndieGAF! I was wondering if any of you had any good recommendations for games that are similar to Picross 3D. Whenever I google it, I only find good Picross replacements and I figure that the world of indies is a wide enough world where there has to be something.

Also I just played We Become What We Behold, I found it really powerful for a five minute browser game. Worth your time if you have a short burst.
I would say Pictopix and Paint it Back

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Well that sucks, just read that TaleWorlds have been talking to Denuvo. Really hope that doesn't mean Mount & Blade ends up with it.

Top Bottom