• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inertial Drift Coming to PS4, Switch, Xbox One & Steam on September 11th

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
id.png

Set in a 90's retro future, Inertial Drift is an Arcade Racer with a retro design from the 90s.
In neon environments, the player will travel across many regions while mastering an unique handling model and unbelievably satisfying twin-stick drift mechanics.
Inertial Drift offers a whole new level of accessibility and challenge to the arcade racing genre, for a driving experience genuinely unlike anything you've played before.

Unique Twin Stick Controls for Precision Drifting - The right hand stick gives you total control over your drift. Intuitive for new players and uniquely challenging for pros.
unique_twin_stick_controls.gif

20 Tracks - Tear through neon city streets, race around rural temple complexes and hurtle down winding mountain passes.
20_tracks.gif

Single Player Story Mode and Local Multiplayer - Perfect your craft through a mix of races, head-to-heads, time trials and style showdowns!
Multiplayer.gif

Some gameplay:

Last edited:

dan76

I think it looks ok, but it's releasing 3 days after Hotshot Racing... so no. Lack of online multiplayer kills it as well.

jigglet

Banned
I just saw this in Steam and bought it on a whim.

And...amazing. Wow. Best racing game I've played in years. The controls are so tight.

My only complaint is the game is exclusively set at night. I can see this getting old fast. I want some brighter daytime tracks.

Last edited:

dan76

Given how disappointing Hotshot Racing was I might have to pick this up. Anyone know what the online is like? I watched a review and it said something about only ever racing one car. That's can't be right can it?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Given how disappointing Hotshot Racing was I might have to pick this up. Anyone know what the online is like? I watched a review and it said something about only ever racing one car. That's can't be right can it?
Yeah it was pretty fucking shit.

dan76

I see. Dang.
It's like playing bumper cars. Get a nudge from the AI and you are flipped backwards. The drifting is dull, kind of like Burnout but not as good, the cars have steering lock sometimes. All the tracks look the same and have the same rough layout, all pretty short.

It's fast and can be fun but its held back by some weird choices. I'd say it's not Arcady enough.

GrayFoxPL

It's like playing bumper cars. Get a nudge from the AI and you are flipped backwards. The drifting is dull, kind of like Burnout but not as good, the cars have steering lock sometimes. All the tracks look the same and have the same rough layout, all pretty short.

It's fast and can be fun but its held back by some weird choices. I'd say it's not Arcady enough.

I see, that's a shame.

Top Bottom