• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview: Most Entertainment News Sites to Go Broke By Mid 2024, Says CinemaBlend Founder

Pejo

Kind of a weird time for the estimation of their demise, considering it's a US election year in 2024. I guess they're expecting it to go smoothly with no controversy or issues?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm surprised to see so much enthusiasm for entertainment news sites going out of business because Facebook and Google want to keep those advertising dollars in their own ecosystem. That's big tech abusing their dominance.

On the other hand, I think news sites are going the way of the dodo anyway. More and more "news sites" are using AI to write millions of low quality, low content crap articles in order to be picked up by Google's bot and get high rankings. Even good sites will start to disappear in a sea of floating turds.

Top Bottom