• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introduction/CD Collection Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinky

I was just going to create a thread asking for music recomendtions, but I decided I might as well throw in my introduction too. So, here I am, woo!

Anyway, recently all but 5 of my CDs were stolen out of my friends car. Honestly, I dind't like or use alot of them (Korn; PM5k;) because my music tastes have matured a bit recently. So I'm looking for some good CD suggestions to start up my collection again. The 5 CDs that remain are...

Nirvana - Nirvana
Nirvana - In Utero
Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs For the Death
Jimi Hendrix Expirience

Bands I like: Muse, Mogwai, Super Furry Animals, The Cure, ect.

And on a parting note: "Optimus Prime is Jewish!?"

- Blinky

Since you like Super Furry Animals, you should own every one of their CDs. Because they are, like, the greatest band in the UK, and one of the greatest bands in the world.

Another great Welsh band is Gorky's Zygotic Mynci. They're not really like SFA -- although one of its members was in a band (Ffa Coffi Pawb) with Gruff Rhys (SFA's vocalist). They're basically a pretty experimental folk band, and they're basically really great.

Now, I could recommend a lot more than that. But since my mind was on Welsh, that's all I'll go for right now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ween - The Mollusk
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
The Decemberists - Her Majesty, The Decemberists
Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles
The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

Yeah.

Garbage - Garbage
Garbage - Version 2.0
Garbage - beautifulgarbage
Muse - Absolution
Travis - The Man Who
Travis - The Invisible Band
Travis - 12 Memories

Aqua - Aquarium
Aqua - Aquarius

:D

Blinky

Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard about Ween before, someone who goes here and the only other forum I visit recomended them too me. So, I guess now I have no reason not to check them out. As far as Travis & Garbage go, I'm not big fans, but I haevn't heard garbage for a while, so I might check them out anyway.

Thanks.

- Blinky

Matlock

Banned
The White Stripes - The White Stripes
The White Stripes - De Stijl
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
The White Stripes - Elephant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom