• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone predictive text. Anybody else have an issue?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ok so some of my posts recently have been... interesting. I’m reading them back and seeing they have a million typos and odd words in them that I never wrote. I’m actually having to go back and change most of them to make sense...

Is anybody else having issues with their iPhones are predictive text? This never used to be an issue for me, but since ios12 I seem to constantly be having issues?

I’m going to type some random bollocks below WITHOUT fixing it:

“This is a random test for me to see if things are working the way they ahous be. If anything here corrects then it’s good. OTHWRWUSE ITS BAD. I like choken and meat peanuts. Look at my toes they contain no added sugar”

Seriously...? This is me typing poor for a test, missing a few letters and adding others. I never used to have this issue...?

What’s happening?! Whose chicken is this?!???

God Enel

I’m not sure if I have this problem now as I recently bought a new phone. But back on my iPhone 6 I had it yeah. But I’m switching a lot through different keyboards (English/German/Croatian) and sometimes I don’t give a shit which keyboard it is and i think the phone just memorized the words. So yeah I had these problems with typos as well but it hasn’t been that bad or anything. It was just yeah it sometimes happens. :)

Shifty

Proof-read those posts my dude. Predictive text is the devil.

It can take a while depending on how obsessive you are and the length of a given post, but it's worth it.

Also on the iOS 12 thing, could it have wiped its predictive learning text dictionary thing when you upgraded?

plushyp

I like choken and meat peanuts. Look at my toes they contain no added sugar”
Haha, I think it was programmed as such so that we could laugh at the resultant (disturbing) masterpieces. I remember wasting a few hours back in the day on those autocorrect fail websites...

Anyway, I don't have iOS but my friend has been happy using SwiftKey on it.

Top Bottom