• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the GTA remaster trilogy worth it now?

YCoCg

GTA III can be modded to run close to Xbox version with some strange interactions taking place on occassion, but San Andreas is busted no matter how many mods are put on top of it. I have had occasions where the game would crash and even the save files themselves would become corrupted.
SkyGFX is the thing that can use the Xbox files so the better vehicle models for III and VC work fine on PC. SA is fine with these mods, not had any issues unless you try and play at a high framerate.

SkyGFX is the thing that can use the Xbox files so the better vehicle models for III and VC work fine on PC. SA is fine with these mods, not had any issues unless you try and play at a high framerate.
Is the 60FPS option too high a framerate? Because that is what I played it with. Even then, the anti-aliasing options were bad.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

That's just the bugs. It doesn't account for the horrible artistic changes.

giphy.gif

The GTA games from 3 to SA all came out when I was too young to really care about the story. But I loved GTA4 and want to go back to those old one bc everyone says they're great.

I know the Remastered trilogy got hell when it came out, but I've heard it's maybe gotten better with updates. Is it worth grabbing? I'd much rather play an updated version, but if it's still crappy idk if it's worth it
you're best off acquiring the old pc version of san andreas. by any means neccesary.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Emulate and mod the originals. As was said, the collection on Xbox and SA on PS2 are the way to go.

Liberty City Stories on PS2 and Vice on PSP with texture mod.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Which of these older titles has the best story ? Or is considered the best game ?

I have been loving GTA5 so far, and think red dead 1&2 are brilliant but never played other GTA games.

Which of these older titles has the best story ? Or is considered the best game ?

I have been loving GTA5 so far, and think red dead 1&2 are brilliant but never played other GTA games.
Vice City has the best story. San Andreas starts off strong in Los Santos but then you have two cities worth of filler before anything worth a damn happens in Las Venturas.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I bought it via Epic store(double sin in one action lol). Played a bit of San Andreas. After 2 minutes of playing, I crashed with my bike and fall under the map. I hope it's not full of bugs like this. Because bugs aside, graphics and gameplay are very good. It's almost like a new game.

Another sad thing is CJ's neck but I can live with that.

If the classic lighting and Netflix texturing came to San Andreas on Xbox Series consoles I could just bypass music licenses with the Simple Background Music Player. The third has not been upgraded enough to justify a purchase. Vice City has been censored since 1.0.3 and that version was included in the original trilogy bundles. I am too much a fan of Vice City to play this version without nitpicking every 5 seconds.

If the classic lighting and Netflix texturing came to San Andreas on Xbox Series consoles I could just bypass music licenses with the Simple Background Music Player. The third has not been upgraded enough to justify a purchase. Vice City has been censored since 1.0.3 and that version was included in the original trilogy bundles. I am too much a fan of Vice City to play this version without nitpicking every 5 seconds.
What was censored in Vice City??

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

This was pretty surprising and cool to see. I ended up downloading Vice City and I’ll give it a whirl later today. I’m so glad they’re at least attempting to capture the lighting and tones from the originals.

Guess it’s nice to know my Netflix subscription is good for something, since everything else on that platform has been dogshit lately.

Top Bottom