• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a bigger badass than Richard Engel of NBC News?

This is an appreciation thread.

This guy has reported from some of the most war-torn spots the world over again and again.

He needs a greatest hits reel.

What an absolute legend.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am reading the book Masters of the Air. They talk about how Andy Rooney and Walter Cronkite went on actual bombing missions with the soldiers they wrote about. One of the other reporters with them, told them all the night before they went on a mission that he was going to die. He went on the mission and did not return.

There was the CNN guy that was in Bagdad during the Desert Storm war.

Lara Logan was raped and kidnapped in Egypt during the Arab spring. It clearly affected her and she has not been the same since.

Probably all of these guys were impressive. Except for the NY Times guys that covered up concentration camps for the NAZIs.

I am reading the book Masters of the Air. They talk about how Andy Rooney and Walter Cronkite went on actual bombing missions with the soldiers they wrote about. One of the other reporters with them, told them all the night before they went on a mission that he was going to die. He went on the mission and did not return.

There was the CNN guy that was in Bagdad during the Desert Storm war.

Lara Logan was raped and kidnapped in Egypt during the Arab spring. It clearly affected her and she has not been the same since.

Probably all of these guys were impressive. Except for the NY Times guys that covered up concentration camps for the NAZIs.
Yeah, my OP wasn't meant to denigrate other journalists. I guess we can say this is an overall appreciation post for journalists who continually put themselves in harms way.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Yeah, my OP wasn't meant to denigrate other journalists. I guess we can say this is an overall appreciation post for journalists who continually put themselves in harms way.
That wasn't my intention, I was just providing other examples of great war reporters. It is a dangerous job.

Rival

Gold Member
Trey Yingst on Fox News has testicles made of adamantium.

I respect any of those men and women that do live news reports from war zones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom