• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It is time... for Mario Kart Ultimate

Hulk_Smash

Banned
It’s time for Nintendo to give Mario Kart the ultimate treatment. That means all courses and all characters from the past mashed up into one messy wonderful clusterfuck of a game.

Find a way Nintendo. Find a way to cram in:

1. All the GBA and DS tracks
2. Anti-grav tracks
3. All the SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, WiiU, and Switch tracks
4. Double-dash feature option
5. Motion controls
6. Wheelies on motorcycles
7. All balloon battle maps

Every character, every track, every item (except blue shell cuz fuck blue shell), and every kart

DO IT! DO IT NOW!!

Last edited:

Illo

I would love it if they add a huge cast of characters like Smash. But each character has their own power or quirk to add into the races.

Like Bowser getting a fire breathing technique if even grinds his vehicle to a third charge.

Luigi able to hop his vehicle for a slightly longer distance.

Link using his own boomerang or bombs to after getting upset he was hit.

And so on.

Mario Kart could be so much more interesting from that alone.

And to return some of the great maps from the past is just added bonus.

sn0man

I would be thrilled if they brought all the games that didn't have as many gimmicks (SNES, GBA, DS) into a collection with remastered versions of those tracks and an emphasis on just Kart racing. Call it Mario Kart Classic and I'd eat it up.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Hulk just smashed Nintendo in the battle of video game ideas
Hire this mean green innovating machine immediately

I want a Rainbow Prix that's just every Rainbow Road

Arkam

I thought we wanted them to go full on Smash Bros Kart first? Same formula, but much wider roster to draw upon. THEN, if that does not succeed(wildly) we go to an "Ultimate" cash in.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd play is sure.

Add in some characters from other franchises (they've already started doing this anyway) and a lengthy single player campaign, Diddy Kong Racing style and you've got the ultimate Mario Kart game.

The problem is, what would they then do for the Mario Kart after this? Maybe Mario Kart VR?

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'd play is sure.

Add in some characters from other franchises (they've already started doing this anyway) and a lengthy single player campaign, Diddy Kong Racing style and you've got the ultimate Mario Kart game.

The problem is, what would they then do for the Mario Kart after this? Maybe Mario Kart VR?

Mario Turismo

Top Bottom