• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It Takes Two boss fights are something

Cyberpunkd

Just watch this:

I swear whoever designed the fights in this game spent a lot of time raiding in an MMO.

Handle adds - check
Get out of the fire - check
Move away from things - check

Oh, go play It Takes Two.

Do It Watchmen GIF by Legendary Entertainment

No pun indeed, does it really Takes Two to play this game?

Can I play single player? I don't have someone else to play it with.

When I get a console that has it or PC, I will check it out!

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Yeah it is solely co-op, think you can find people online to play with, I think it does matchmaking but not sure.

It’s a really good game but my kid is not experienced enough to take on the bosses yet. The first hoover boss was too tricky for them.

If you are able to use two pads together with a custom button mapping, and some awkward tinkering with the camera ... it is somewhat possible but I don't think it is fun that way. Some rooms require simultaneous actions, so swapping pads is definitely not enough in every situation. You can try, I hit a barrirer already with the first boss, then played the whole game with some random guy and then I did some parts solo again, for the lulz.
If hard is your thing then go for it, but it would naturally defeat the point of the coop element that's fun in this and I doubt the average person would really enjoy it that way more than finding someone online to do it with. No built in matchmaking, so maybe use https://psnprofiles.com/sessions for example to find the required "friend".

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Brilliant game. I played it with someone who doesn’t usually play games. It’s doable, but some bosses can be tricky.

It’s great playing this as adults and feeling like absolute shit about some things the characters do to “help” their daughter.
Talk about the road to hell being paved with good intentions.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Just wanted to get in here to say those two parents are the biggest assholes i've ever seen.

THAT torture Elephant scene man...

Played it with my GF and we kinda enjoyed it but...it's definitely tone-deaf in some spots, I still can't understand the intended target demographic for the game, was it young adults ? It's too "kiddie" for them, adults ? it's way casual and not funny , kids ? some scenes could actually traumatize them 😁

Weird game, it's actually very well made but, yeah, it's weird.

THAT torture Elephant scene man...

Played it with my GF and we kinda enjoyed it but...it's definitely tone-deaf in some spots, I still can't understand the intended target demographic for the game, was it young adults ? It's too "kiddie" for them, adults ? it's way casual and not funny , kids ? some scenes could actually traumatize them 😁

Weird game, it's actually very well made but, yeah, it's weird.
"we need her tears!!!" "let's make our daughter cryyyy!!"

The voice acting, the writing...everything was terrible except the gameplay. That's why i kept on playing.

I still don't know who this was for in terms of target audience tbh.

Kindela

Banned
Terrific game, probably the best co-op game you can play with someone not usually into gaming. There's a ton of different levels and gameplay mechanics, and it all works very well.
The weirdest part I think is that I didn't feel the chemistry between the main characters, not even at the end. But still a terrific game.

The gameplay is really fantastic making it one of the greatest co-op experiences I've played with there always being something new to see and do. I played with my sister who doesn't typically play these types of games did pretty well most of the time. When she struggle at certain spots we'd pause the game and swap controllers, do the thing, pause and swap back again. It would be brutal trying to play this without really good communication with the other which obviously is the whole theme of the game.

The only thing I disagree about with some is the tone and theme of the game. It's clearly dark humor (subjective how well it's done) aimed at adults. The elephant scene was funny in the stupid absurdity of it.

Fbh

Yeah it has some cool boss battles, which is why I surprised by how underwhelming the ending was.
No big fight or big final setpiece.

Yeah it's co-op only.
The cool thing though is that they have a "friend pass system" where you can invite some to play even if they don't own the game. You can play through the entire game in online co-op with someone else only buying 1 copy of the game

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
me and my daughter absolutely loved this, the levels are incredible, the story is great and its just a perfect coop game to play with the kids

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was my personal GotY the year that it one, and one of the most enjoyable times I had with a game from start to finish.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
To be honest, that boss battle looks kinda lame.

The bees don't stand out enough, and you can barely see them.
That top-down segment is the worst offender.

The camera doesn't help either.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Just watch this:

I swear whoever designed the fights in this game spent a lot of time raiding in an MMO.

Handle adds - check
Get out of the fire - check
Move away from things - check

Oh, go play It Takes Two.

Do It Watchmen GIF by Legendary Entertainment

This game is awsome.. being looking for something similar and just cant find it to play with my son .. if anyone know.. please help

Top Bottom