• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Daily Sales 03/12/05

1. Shin Sangoku Musou 4 (PS2, Koei)
2. Pac-Pix (NDS, Namco)
3. Sangokushi X (PS2, Koei)
4. Tales of Eternia (PSP, Namco)
5. Starfox Assault (NGC, Nintendo)
6. Meteos (NDS, Bandai)
7. Sennen Kazoku (GBA, Nintendo)
8. Dragonball Z 3 (PS2, Bandai)
9. Rockman X8 (PS2, Capcom)
10. Ys: The Ark of Naphistim (PS2, Konami)
11. Sawaru Made in Wario (NDS, Nintendo)
12. Harvest Moon: Poem of Happiness (NGC, Marvelous Entertainment)
13. Another Code: 2 Memory (NDS, Nintendo)
14. Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (NDS, Nintendo)
15. Jissen Pachislot Shinshouhou HokutonoKen Plus (PS2, Sammy)
16. Namco Museum (PSP, Namco)
17. Devil May Cry 3 (PS2, Capcom)
18. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Colonel (GBA, Capcom)
19. Super Mario 64 DS (NDS, Nintendo)
20. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Blues (GBA, Capcom)

This is my first time doing this, so there's bound to be mistakes, but there ya go.

Japan Daily Sales 03/13/05
2. Pac-Pix (NDS, Namco)
3. Tales of Eternia (PSP, Namco)
4. Starfox Assault (NGC, Nintendo)
5. Sangokushi X (PS2, Koei)
6. Dragonball Z 3 (PS2, Bandai)
8. Another Code: 2 Memory (NDS, Nintendo)
9. Sawaru Made in Wario (NDS, Nintendo)
10. Meteos (NDS, Bandai)
11. Ys: The Ark of Naphistim (PS2, Konami)
12. Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (NDS, Nintendo)
13. Rockman X8 (PS2, Capcom)
14. Jissen Pachislot Shinshouhou HokutonoKen Plus (PS2, Sammy)
15. Harvest Moon: Poem of Happiness (NGC, Marvelous Entertainment)
16. Super Mario 64 DS (NDS, Nintendo)
17. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Colonel (GBA, Capcom)
18. Namco Museum (PSP, Namco)
19. Devil May Cry 3 (PS2, Capcom)
20. Everybody's Golf Portable (PSP, Sony)

Izzy

Banned
Thanks for posting it, these are actually Sunday sales; for some reason the Saturdays are never covered. Great performance by NDS titles.

DarthWufei said:
2. Pac-Pix (NDS, Namco)
4. Tales of Eternia (PSP, Namco)
5. Starfox Assault (NGC, Nintendo)
6. Meteos (NDS, Bandai)
8. Dragonball Z 3 (PS2, Bandai)
9. Rockman X8 (PS2, Capcom)
11. Sawaru Made in Wario (NDS, Nintendo)
12. Harvest Moon: Poem of Happiness (NGC, Marvelous Entertainment)
13. Another Code: 2 Memory (NDS, Nintendo)
14. Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (NDS, Nintendo)
15. Jissen Pachislot Shinshouhou HokutonoKen Plus (PS2, Sammy)
16. Namco Museum (PSP, Namco)
17. Devil May Cry 3 (PS2, Capcom)
18. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Colonel (GBA, Capcom)
19. Super Mario 64 DS (NDS, Nintendo)
20. Rockman EXE 5: Team of Blues (GBA, Capcom)

This is my first time doing this, so there's bound to be mistakes, but there ya go.

PS2 = 7 Games
PSP = 2 games
NDS = 6 Games
GC = 2 Games
GBA = 3 Games

Nintendo>Sony!!

Prob the only time i'll get to put that!!

duckroll

Izzy said:
Thanks for posting it, these are actually Sunday sales; for some reason the Saturdays are never covered. Great performance by NDS titles.

No actually they're saturday and sunday sales. The day never covered would be fridays in Japan because the people doing the figures don't work on the weekends. :D

Odnetnin

Banned
AniHawk said:
Meteos sure had a short lifespan.

with no numbers... the daily chart is good for the proclaimative claims but its the weekly numbers that will tell. Lets hope mizuguchi's efforts are rewarded. I know I'm buying both Lumines cause Q studio deserves all the support.

Namco might hit their estimate for once (Pac Pix) :lol :lol.... I kid I kid.

No one's said this but the Japanese love STARFOX?!!?! OMGWTFBBQ... shouldn't have released it for Rental first Nintendo... :tsk :tsk

Another Code. Down and Up. :)

duckroll

Looks like the real BOMBA OF THE WEEK is clearly Shadow of Rome. It isn't doing too hot in the US either. Poor Capcom.

duckroll

turok4n64 said:
apprently they dont like DMC 3 also..its almost out of the charts

The difference is that DMC3 has been out for a few weeks and it's STILL on the top 20, Shadow of Rome just came out on thursday and it's already off the charts for good.

Odnetnin

Banned
duckroll said:
The difference is that DMC3 has been out for a few weeks and it's STILL on the top 20, Shadow of Rome just came out on thursday and it's already off the charts for good.

CAPCOM AM CRY. So what does that say about userbase/gamecube/exclusivitity? :)

can I get the mizuguchi blog site? I guess I can find the link off toykotopia... I've been on his site before. Please?

Jonnyram said:
According to Mizuguchi's blog, it's sold very well and is actually sold out in a few places.
Oh that's excellent, does anyone know how much they shipped? I don't think we ever got a report on new release sales for the 10th, they usually indicate how many units were shipped.

tetsuoxb

Pac Pix commercials are on tv all the time. I have yet to see a Meteos commercial. Attribute sales to that above all.

PSP am outselling the DS.
!!!

Is this argument still valid? The PSP should surely be stonking the DS if units are sat on shelves?
The DS will have a 6million to 1 advantage by the time the PSP releases in the US!

GO in any UK store (Where i live and in many parts of London) And DS is snapped up everywhere. even in blockbusters

NWO

duckroll said:
Looks like the real BOMBA OF THE WEEK is clearly Shadow of Rome. It isn't doing too hot in the US either. Poor Capcom.

Is there any reason why Capcom doesn't just make all their games multiplatform?

I mean the games are bombing on the PS2 so they can't blame the userbase. You could shove Shadow of Rome and DMC3 on the Cube and Xbox and you'd atleast be able to pick up some sales. To me it seems that PS2 users could really care less about Capcom.

fugimax

DS titles *really* have legs. PSP titles, unless they're big name titles, seem to drop down uber-quick. Interesting.

ThongyDonk said:
PSP am outselling the DS.
!!!

Is this argument still valid? The PSP should surely be stonking the DS if units are sat on shelves?

On a weekly basis the PSP outsells the DS in the only territory that its actually available in. So why wouldn't it be a valid argument?

Odnetnin

Banned
where can I download Japanese fonts for my machine? I'm on XP.. Do I have to use the service pack discs?

* so I can view Mizuguchi's blog. :)

SolidSnakex said:
On a weekly basis the PSP outsells the DS in the only territory that its actually available in. So why wouldn't it be a valid argument?

yeah its outselling bu t not by many, if the PSP was so badly wanted it would surely be selling MUCH more??

Solid

duckroll said:
Not to sound evil or anything but I hope it bombed in Europe as well. The sooner it will be €20 :lol :)

duckroll

ThongyDonk said:
yeah its outselling bu t not by many, if the PSP was so badly wanted it would surely be selling MUCH more??

Now you're just being stupid. The PSP outsells the DS by twice or more on a weekly basis now. But I don't see how any of this is relevant in a goddamn daily sales thread, which in itself is ALSO useless seeing how there are no figures in the first place.

Daily sales are only useful or interesting on the day of a big titles debut.

They are useless otherwise. Give me weekly sales.

Amir0x

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Daily sales are only useful or interesting on the day of a big titles debut.

They are useless otherwise. Give me weekly sales.

DAMAGE CONTROL. AISLE 8.

Just kidding, krypt0nian, you know I love you.

Mrbob

Dynasty Warriors 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Metoes > Lumines

Large scale hack and slash action >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> puzzle games

duckroll

CVXFREAK said:
Lumines was probably more expensive to develop and publish because of the music. =(

What gives you that idea? Mizuguchi always states how cheap it was to develop Lumines, and seeing how the credits in the game itself list like 6 people total, I'm inclined to agree. Not like they licensed any big expensive music from record labels anyway, just 4 tracks by a Japanese club mixer which in turns results in more exposure for him too.

Can someone explain to me in about a sentence or two the main gameplay of Meteos? I've read a few brief articles on it, but not much overall. What's the closest other game you could compare it to?

duckroll said:
Now you're just being stupid. The PSP outsells the DS by twice or more on a weekly basis now. But I don't see how any of this is relevant in a goddamn daily sales thread, which in itself is ALSO useless seeing how there are no figures in the first place.
How dare you people come to this conclusion in this thread. Perhaps we should no longer post them except on new release days. :p I'm only kidding, but they aren't entirely useless actually, you can very roughly judge a game's preformance on daily sales. Weekly sales do come from somewhere. But yes, for anything to come out accurate, we'd need numbers.

But for you Meteos lovers, the game is back up. On a weekday, nonetheless!

Japan Daily Sales 03/14/05
2. Tales of Eternia (PSP, Namco)
4. Pac-Pix (NDS, Namco)
5. Dragonball Z 3 (PS2, Bandai)
6. Starfox Assault (NGC, Nintendo)
7. Meteos (NDS, Bandai)
8. Another Code: 2 Memory (NDS, Nintendo)
9. Jissen Pachislot Shinshouhou HokutonoKen Plus (PS2, Sammy)
11. Sennen Kazoku (GBA, Nintendo)
12. Rockman X8 (PS2, Capcom)
13. Harvest Moon: Poem of Happiness (NGC, Marvelous Entertainment)
14. Namco Museum (PSP, Namco)
15. Sawaru Made in Wario (NDS, Nintendo)
16. Catch! Touch! Yoshi! (NDS, Nintendo)
17. Shadow Hearts II Director's Cut (PS2 The Best) (PS2, Aruze)
18. Dynasty Warriors (PSP, Koei)
19. Daiko Giken Official Pachislot Simulator Yoshimune (PS2, Daiko)
20. Everybody's Golf Portable (PSP, Sony)

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DarthWufei said:
But for you Meteos lovers, the game is back up. On a weekday, nonetheless!

7. Meteos (NDS, Bandai)

Sold out, or word of mouth?
:D :D :D

Top Bottom