• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Joker' star Phoenix takes aim at climate apathy with film about dying Earth

Rat Rage

There's sure to be some rational and well-researched responses in here..

So true. There are certain individuals in these threads that seem to believe that climate change is a hoax (now that should be titled "cringe") and believe it's "woke" to be thinking about and taking action against the destruction of the planet.

Sorry to say that, but sentiments like that are just plain stupid.

At least its better than his Golden Globes acceptance speech. Fucking cringe. Millionaire crying other millionaires should rather have been nominated based on the colour of their skin.

Papa

Banned
So true. There are certain individuals in these threads that seem to believe that climate change is a hoax (now that should be titled "cringe") and believe it's "woke" to be thinking about and taking action against the destruction of the planet.

Sorry to say that, but sentiments like that are just plain stupid.

No, idiot. We’ve had these discussions many times before you joined us only a few months ago. Most believe that climate change is a real phenomenon that is being hijacked and exaggerated for political purposes. It’s being used as a Trojan horse for terrible policy that hands even more power over to the government. That’s a separate issue from whether manmade climate change is real. It’s not a black and white problem no matter how badly brainlets like you want it to be.

GV82

On one hand last night he said

think we’ve become very disconnected from the natural world. Many of us are guilty of an egocentric world view, and we believe that we’re the centre of the universe. We go into the natural world and we plunder it for its resources. We feel entitled to artificially inseminate a cow and steal her baby, even though her cries of anguish are unmistakeable. Then we take her milk that’s intended for her calf and we put it in our coffee and our cereal.
😐I know he is a Vegan so no wonder

But on the other hand he also said.

I think that’s when we’re at our best: when we support each other. Not when we cancel each other out for our past mistakes, but when we help each other to grow. When we educate each other; when we guide each other to redemption.

Which makes me think he is against Cancel Culture, thank fuck for that

Last edited:
Phoenix's speech last night was absolutely ridiculous.

He just starts talking about how it's murder to kill a cow or whatever, it's exactly the same relevance as a conservative getting up there and lecturing everyone on abortion.

Gervais was right.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
LOL amazing. no doubt this is a good career move for him. get some clout and probably make a bunch of money and get some more awards. bravo.

California seems like it really has their act together regarding environmental protection, we should listen to them

oh wait...

malibu_-california-woolsey_fire-getty-h_2018.jpg

01_california_wildfires_cranstonfire_nighttime_sp_002.adapt.1900.1.jpg

Last edited:

HoodWinked

you know what i just realized, when people say the "earth is dying" its a weirdly self-centered perspective.

the earth isn't really living nor dying. when you say the earth is dying what you actually mean is the earth is becoming inhabitable for human beings. which is ironic because the climate die-hards would welcome the extinction of the human species as they see them as the cause.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

No, idiot. We’ve had these discussions many times before you joined us only a few months ago. Most believe that climate change is a real phenomenon that is being hijacked and exaggerated for political purposes. It’s being used as a Trojan horse for terrible policy that hands even more power over to the government. That’s a separate issue from whether manmade climate change is real. It’s not a black and white problem no matter how badly brainlets like you want it to be.

Starting a reply with "No, idiot" is pretty rude to be honest, but let's see past that. Also, it's completely irrelevant when I joined, so I don't know why you stretch that. Maybe to stretch that I'm not a part of your exclusive club of like-minded people? Who is "us" anyway? You seem to be part of a group?

You talk about climate change being used to enable terrible plicies that hand over more power to the government. It would be helpful if you could enlighen us all as to what exactly those terrible policies are and what power it is that you are afraid the governement could get more of.

Top Bottom