• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jordan Peele bringing Twilight Zone reboot to CBS All Access

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This just might make me keep it when Star Trek Discovery isn't airing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-jordan-peele-works-at-cbs-all-access-1050554

CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight-to-series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves' initial announcement.

All the deals haven't been finalized, but I hope this goes to series. Love Twilight Zone/Black Mirror/Outer Limits. I wonder if they could get Peele to host

Hell yes. I have CBS AA for Survivor and Big Brother, so this is an awesome bonus. After Get Out, I'm 100% on board with Peele being the man behind the curtain on this one.

Batjag

I love the Twilight Zone, and although some of the reboots have been sketchy, the idea is an evergreen so I'm ready for this. I don't currently subscribe to CBS AA, but this might push me to it, at least long enough to watch the season.

I had read years ago that a studio was considering doing a series of Twilight Zone branded films, and I still hope that happens as well.

wondermega

Seriously, the best media news I've heard in some time. The guy is talented and has the chops. Old zones still hold up - excited to see what the new direction will be! Didn't I also hear somewhere that Amazing Stories was gonna reboot as well?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Seriously, the best media news I've heard in some time. The guy is talented and has the chops. Old zones still hold up - excited to see what the new direction will be! Didn't I also hear somewhere that Amazing Stories was gonna reboot as well?

Yep, that's still happening. Supposed to be one of Apple's first big original streaming shows. Bryan Fuller is still attached, so that's another exciting anthology show.

Amazon has the Philip K Dick Electric Dreams series as well.

DiscoJer

Hasn't it been rebooted twice? Once with the Grateful Dead doing the theme and then once with Forest Whitaker

Batjag

Hasn't it been rebooted twice? Once with the Grateful Dead doing the theme and then once with Forest Whitaker

I only saw a few episodes of the Forest Whitaker version, and I didn't like any of them.

The 80's version (with the Grateful Dead theme) was pretty good though. Harlan Ellison and George R.R. Martin both worked on it, along with other heavy hitters.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hmm, what other old properties does CBS have to spice up their channel? Perry Mason? A Western? Twilight Zone is a good one. It's tough to see why they would reserve a really good show for their AA channel though if it could do gangbusters on network TV.

ehead

The original Twilight Zone is really timeless. I remember seeing some of it in the 90s as a kid, then seeing full episodes now as an adult. I wish they will be able to keep the same level of mystery, and nicely written short stories for this reboot.

gamz

TZ is the greatest and most influential series of all time. I'm always up for a reboot. Even though it can't possibly reach the genius heights as the original.

Grizzlyjin

Hmm, what other old properties does CBS have to spice up their channel? Perry Mason? A Western? Twilight Zone is a good one. It's tough to see why they would reserve a really good show for their AA channel though if it could do gangbusters on network TV.

Funny enough, Perry Mason is coming back too over at HBO. Robert Downey's production company has been cooking that for a little bit, and he's supposed to star.

I've probably, literally, have seen some twilight zone episodes 50-100 times.

I used to like to fall asleep to binging on Twilight Zone.

That said I'm not usually optimistic about revivals but I have thought television has had a hole for a Twilight Zone/X-files-type of show for a while now.

Am I the only one who read this part?
Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner
No thank you.

If it was actually Peele as showrunner then I would have been on board. Get Out was wonderfully TZ-esque. Would have loved to see him tackle the show.

Oh well, at least we have Black Mirror for our Twilight Zone fix.

Top Bottom