• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joys Of Buying A Console On eBay

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Last week I bought a Switch Lite listed as Brand New on eBay. Seller has one of those 99.9 percent positive feedback ratings out a few thousand people.

I get my Switch and lo and behold it's a European model. Nowhere in his item title or description does it mention this. The adaptor included didn't even fit.

Dude says it works in U.S. I get that but I expected a U.S. model being, ya know, here in the U.S. and the seller is in California.

However as somebody who used to do tech support for SCEA, when people had models outside NA we either didn't service it or charged them $149 for a refurbished unit.

I decided to dig through the few negative and neutral feedback and most complaints were by people with the same issue.

I learned a lesson here. Don't buy high end electronics on eBay no matter how high the seller rating.

I returned the Switch to him and got me refund and ordered a new one through Target. I even managed to save a little since the eBay seller charged $259 (with tax and all) and Target cost me only $216 with tax and shipping.

Antwix

Well, at the end of the day, buying a always a safe bet on ebay. Yeah, in rare situations you might not get what you purchased but it's quite easy to get your money back.

Darkmakaimura

I'm curious since it seemed to be available at Target. Why didn't you buy from there first or even look elsewhere?
Because it wasn't available or too long for shipping and most of my eBay experiences have been good, even moreso than Amazon.

Darkmakaimura

Dont buy from ebay at all if you can avoid it.
The majority of my experiences buying at least games off eBay have been very positive.

I've gotten screwed over more by Amazon or third party sellers on Amazon than eBay.

V4skunk

Banned
Last week I bought a Switch Lite listed as Brand New on eBay. Seller has one of those 99.9 percent positive feedback ratings out a few thousand people.

I get my Switch and lo and behold it's a European model. Nowhere in his item title or description does it mention this. The adaptor included didn't even fit.

Dude says it works in U.S. I get that but I expected a U.S. model being, ya know, here in the U.S. and the seller is in California.

However as somebody who used to do tech support for SCEA, when people had models outside NA we either didn't service it or charged them $149 for a refurbished unit.

I decided to dig through the few negative and neutral feedback and most complaints were by people with the same issue.

I learned a lesson here. Don't buy high end electronics on eBay no matter how high the seller rating.

I returned the Switch to him and got me refund and ordered a new one through Target. I even managed to save a little since the eBay seller charged $259 (with tax and all) and Target cost me only $216 with tax and shipping.
The console will work and you only need to buy an adapter for like $5 so you can plug it into the socket lol.

N30RYU

9a36a0b642e8b378af193f5749ff7d2a.gif

Darkmakaimura

The console will work and you only need to buy an adapter for like $5 so you can plug it into the socket lol.
Ah shit I guess that excuses the eBay seller then. Oh I guess you also didn't see the part where I mentioned warranties lol.

Top Bottom