• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kameo scans in Edge magazine...

Jacobi

Banned
That huge battlefields don't really look good. The same texture was used over and over again...some screens look OK though...

PhatSaqs

Banned
The game just has an epic look and feel to it that I havent seen in a long while. Cannot wait for this game.!!!

Please o please let them fix Kameo's movement animations...everything else is top totch but she flats/skips likes mad.

Looks amazing otherwise, esp compared to E3 build.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
strange. one screenshot doesn't have any shadows for the characters and in another screenshot on the third scan they do.

bitwise

Banned
wow its lookin really nice I must say.

Although I doubt i'll get much playtime when my sister gets ahold of it. At least i'll be able to watch!

bitwise

Banned
Mr. Lemming said:
There is coop! You can both play!

haha you're right!! cant believe i forgot that.

she doesn't like playing games with me though cause she says im constantly telling her what to do.. she hates to be told what to do :lol

Helznicht

From whats been said, its as much vs through as coop. Which sounds really cool in a "Zelda 4 Swords-OMG another Idea stolen from Nintendo" sort of way.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Helznicht said:
From whats been said, its as much vs through as coop. Which sounds really cool in a "Zelda 4 Swords-OMG another Idea stolen from Nintendo" sort of way.
I think you did not spell Gauntlet the good way.

bitwise

Banned
Helznicht said:

your game history is lacking :/

Helznicht

I think you did not spell Gauntlet the good way.

Ahh... it was a joke guys. :lol

Anyways I didnt think you could hit each other in Gauntlet, but its seems you may be able to in this. Way different, and potentially way fun. :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Helznicht said:
Ahh... it was a joke guys. :lol

Anyways I didnt think you could hit each other in Gauntlet, but its seems you may be able to in this. Way different, and potentially way fun. :D
You could not hurt each other directly in gauntlet, but in same levels you could fire on your "friends" and they would freeze. So when you did that when they were in a tight corridor with lots of monster coming in his direction... :D

eso76

Jacobi said:
That huge battlefields don't really look good. The same texture was used over and over again...some screens look OK though...

Yeah, a lot of tiling here and there, that's too bad because everything else looks good to gorgeous ('cept from chara design, but anyway).
It should be easy to hide with a little multitexturing though, I hope they fix it before the game ships.

eshwaaz

krypt0nian said:
Please o please let them fix Kameo's movement animations...everything else is top totch but she flats/skips likes mad.

Looks amazing otherwise, esp compared to E3 build.

I agree completely. Watching the latest videos has me very excited overall, but Kameo's movements, especially her walk and run animations, definitely need work. There's no sense of weight, her toes hit the ground before her heels, and there's an odd side-to-side swaying to her head and shoulders that just looks wrong.

This obviously won't stop me from buying the game, but it does look very amateurish in an otherwise visually impressive game.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
It's not just Kameo's animation that's bad. The enemies also animate horribly. I can't see what's so impressive about the battlefield shots. Bad textures, uninspired environment (procedurally generated?), no character shadows... the only remotely impressive aspect is the amount of characters on screen but when they all look bad with poor animation it's not enough to impress me.

Sean

Banned
The most interesting part of the article to me is that the Kameo team was only 16-20 people up until this year. Now the team is just 30 people (which is still tiny, especially for a next-gen game). I wonder how many are on the PDZ team, or the other teams.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
one thing i've noticed about kameo is the rather stark graphical quality difference between open expansive play areas VS. smaller, more "private" locales.

For example:

Good
kameo-elements-of-power-20050915004501340.jpg

kameo-elements-of-power-20050517092429146.jpg

Not so good
kameo-elements-of-power-20050517092425256.jpg

kameo-elements-of-power-20050915004502950.jpg

I guess the longer draw distance and number of enemies comes at a cost.

quetz67

Banned
I am more concerned about gameplay than graphics. A gameplay element like the mass battles - which is obviously only in there since the change to x360 - should now already be a well tested and balanced part of the game in only some month since it was introduced?

This includes probably includes some heavy AI and physics that need time for running really well.

Prine

Banned
Gameplay looked great in the videos, theres so much depth to your creatures im sure that we'll have alot of fun trying to figure out environmental puzzles.

They teased us with Kameo at TGS, i cannot wait to see what they show off at X05.

PDZ vs Kameo for GOTY :D

Top Bottom