• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keith David to assume the voice of Commander Zavala in future Destiny content

Tsaki

SFCpuJw.jpg

Earlier this year, we lost Lance Reddick, the English language voice actor of Commander Zavala. The passion and professionalism Lance brought to the role over the last decade was unmistakable and loved by all. Lance’s iconic voice led us through the most intense moments in Destiny’s history and his impact on our Guardians, our community, and Bungie as a whole will never be forgotten.

Commander Zavala has been central to the story we have been telling since the original Destiny, and we have plans to continue his journey. Keith David, a prolific actor on the stage and in television, film, and games, will assume the English language voice of Zavala in The Final Shape and beyond. Separately, Lance’s existing lines in-game will remain untouched for the upcoming release.

On becoming the new Vanguard leader, Keith said, “I am honored to continue the great work of Lance Reddick as Zavala. Lance captured the character's sense of integrity so wonderfully. It is my intention to continue that work.”
Bungie is honored to continue the relationship that began with Keith during the days of Halo, and the team is excited for what he brings to the role of the Commander. We will always remain respectful to the role Zavala has played thus far, and look forward to the journey ahead.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
For some reason I thought he passed away a feww years ago? :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
They shouldve gone with another older cool sounding black dude instead of the usual go to's. If it wasnt going to be Keith David, who else is there? Carl Weathers?

Put Bill Duke in Destiny is what Im saying

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
An inspired choice. Loved him as Captain Anderson in Mass Effect.

Shame to see him wasted on a sinking ship though.

Chronicle

Destiny doesn't deserve him.

Shout out to all the peeps who were in generation 'They Live'. The goatiest goat fight of all time between he and Rowdy.

He made an awesome spawn too.

I'm drunk!

small_law

Best of a bad circumstance. Lance will be very much messed. The guy was a legend. Even his strike intro became a meme.

Top Bottom