• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Smith has a copy of the 3 hour cut of Batman Forever

VulcanRaven

Kevin Smith has seen it and will talk about it more on June 19th:

I hope Warner releases it at some point because I think the movie is really underrated and many good scenes were cut. I feel like this would make people appreciate it more. Val Kilmer is great Batman.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Kevin Smith has seen it and will talk about it more on June 19th:

I really hope Warner releases it at some point because I think the movie is really underrated and many good scenes were cut. I feel like this would make people appreciate it more. Val Kilmer is great Batman.

Its such a bad movie...Two Face is a joke, the Riddler isn't that clever and is just Jim Carey doing his usual schtik. Nicole Kidman is good but Val Kilmer is as hollow as his batsuit.

On the plus side my SO gets to torture me with rewatches of Titanic....this might help her empathise with me.

PS. That clip is boooring. It's nice to see Man Bat make a cameo but I'm not sure Schumacher realises that's who that is...

Last edited:
I have a soft spot for this movie. As a 9 year old child I believe it was the first batman film I've ever seen. So because of that it kind of stuck with me lol.

And I thought the riddler was funny at the times.

Last edited:

ShinFuYux

WB should release all their extended cuts of all their DC movies. I once read that there's also another extended cut for the first suicide squad movie. So, they're sitting on new content that could please their fans...but instead they act like they don't.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They were gonna let him actually but Burton was getting weird vibes from them after 90s NPCs and Karen’s didn’t like returns so he left of his own accord.
That’s not true. WB blamed Returns making $150m less than the first movie on it being too dark and weird (it was way more of a Burton movie than the original) so they asked him to step down for the third.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Its such a bad movie...Two Face is a joke, the Riddler isn't that clever and is just Jim Carey doing his usual schtik. Nicole Kidman is good but Val Kilmer is as hollow as his batsuit.

On the plus side my SO gets to torture me with rewatches of Titanic....this might help her empathise with me.

PS. That clip is boooring. It's nice to see Man Bat make a cameo but I'm not sure Schumacher realises that's who that is...
Back when Jim Carrey was the rage and Ace Ventura put him on the map along with In Living Colour, it's amazing how one dimensional he is.

That’s not true. WB blamed Returns making $150m less than the first movie on it being too dark and weird (it was way more of a Burton movie than the original) so they asked him to step down for the third.
There was never a formal ask to step down. Tim has done numerous interviews detailing exactly how it happened

hugo-weaving-lord.gif

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Nice to see Warner Bros have made more than one movie that goes from absolutely fucking terrible, to slightly less terrible with a directors cut.

VulcanRaven

I agree that Two Face could be better. He and Riddler are too similar. Two Face should be serious.

Last edited:

Doom85

Back when Jim Carrey was the rage and Ace Ventura put him on the map along with In Living Colour, it's amazing how one dimensional he is.

Say What Hold Up GIF by DaBaby

Hold up, yes Carrey did not portray Riddler well in the film, but he easily could have. A smug, eccentric intellectual, I could see a toned down Carrey killing it in the role.

Like, Carrey also gave us Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The dude does have range, don’t underestimate him. Christ, because my friends in college just started playing Eternal Sunshine one night as we were all hanging out, it took me 20 minutes into the movie for me to even recognize Carrey as I knew nothing about the film, he was that different (and had a different look) than any of his comedy roles.

wipeout364

I actually just watched that movie again, first time I think since release and I was shocked at how dark it was. I did not remember that, but I thought it has aged very well. It does feel very much like a Tim Burton movie that happens to have Batman in it which could be seen as good or bad depending on your opinion of Tim Burton.

Top Bottom