• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keyboard and Mouse Support Coming Soon For Xbox Preview Members.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...ort-Coming-Soon-For-Xbox-Preview-Members.html

Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, revealed last night during the latest episode of Inside Xbox that Microsoft will soon be bringing keyboard and mouse support to Xbox One.

Despite the feature soon heading to Xbox One, players shouldn't expect all games to have the ability to work with a keyboard and mouse but there will certainly be a few titles that devs have implemented the feature into.

Keyboard and mouse support will be available for Xbox Preview members this October with Warframe being the first title to support it. Players will be able to use any existing keyboard mice peripherals with their Xbox One but Microsoft has announced that it will be partnered with Razer to release some new accessories that fans might want to buy.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/09/25/mouse-and-keyboard-support-for-xbox-one-developers/

Related

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
If I can get CA's Total War series on a console for some comfy couch gaming I would be absolutely giddy.

They better segment for fps games though.

EDMIX

If I can get CA's Total War series on a console for some comfy couch gaming I would be absolutely giddy.

They better segment for fps games though.

YOOOOO

Sega could come through. I'm going to do some pseudo math here.

Creative Assembly, owned by Sega does Halo Wars 2 for MS

COULD Total War or any Sega owned RTS come to XONE with the direct idea to use keyboard and mouse support?

Shmunter

Is this for all games or only games that simply don’t work with a controller? E.g. RTS. If mouse/kB is available to FPS, R.I.P. comfy couch gaming on the platform.

They wouldn’t be that dumb would they?

betrayal

Banned
Is this for all games or only games that simply don’t work with a controller? E.g. RTS. If mouse/kB is available to FPS, R.I.P. comfy couch gaming on the platform.

They wouldn’t be that dumb would they?

It's for all. The developer of the games can decide if they implement it.

I think most FPS/TPS will stay controller only, because the vast majority uses a controller or they will take the same road like Fortnite. They offer M/KB (at least on PS4) and if you want to do this you will only get matched with other M/KB players.

Last edited:

Shmunter

It's for all. The developer of the games can decide if they implement it.

I think most FPS/TPS will stay controller only, because the vast majority uses a controller or they will take the same road like Fortnite. They offer M/KB (at least on PS4) and if you want to do this you will only get matched with other M/KB players.

Makes sense. So basically the same support PS4 has. Nothing will change. Thank you.

Shmunter

Yeah, but unlike PS4 developers can also make M/KB-only games if they want.

I take it ps4 mandates controller support for all games? Can’t see k/b mouse only games being successful on a single console. But the option is always welcome.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I take it ps4 mandates controller support for all games? Can’t see k/b mouse only games being successful on a single console. But the option is always welcome.
Its needed for RTS and RTT games. Heck we may even see WoW on Xbox One.

Akuza89

I have never seen the the point in using a keyboard and mouse on a console... if your used to using them, you'll probably have a high end PC...

Still, it's nice for people who will use it

Skyfox

Possibly stupid question, but you know that Steam touch controller thing - is there a way one of those could be rigged up to make it appear as a mouse keyboard?

I exclusively game on couch so while I miss m/kb, if I need to sit up straight with a table or something it won’t work

Calibos

Makes sense. So basically the same support PS4 has. Nothing will change. Thank you.

Except PS4 doesn't have "Age of Empires" nor is it tied directly into a PC gaming ecosystem...this could be a very good move for MS. Looking forward to getting owned in PubG! (that already happens because of the XIM adapter, but at least it will be official now)

TeamGhobad

Banned
great cause i love getting snipped in the head by the wingman by m n k/b players on xbox..

Last edited:

Shifty

Neat. Doing a mouse implementation opens up the possibility for a steam controller-style trackpad or gyro aiming down the line as well.

Strange. I thought this was already the case, like on PS4.
giphy.gif

UnusualSether

Neo Member
The only I can see it would work well would be in online, but it would only work like if there were matches with only mouses and keyboard players and others with only controller players but at that point why just not buy a PC?

I guess it could be good like if microsoft wanted to put some RTS games on there or maybe even a MOBA but again, why not just buy a PC?

I only see it working to enhance the experience for single player games. It seems a little expreimental so maybe their just testing this out for something else.

Top Bottom