• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Hornets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the spirit of the Killer Pirahnas thread, I would like to know if anyone has a link to the video of the killer hornets that attacked the bees that was posted on the old GA?

Bowser

I got your killer hornets right here!

10639.gif

Doth Togo

Bowser said:
I got your killer hornets right here!

10639.gif

I'm from Charlotte. George Shinn (the former owner of the Hornets before he sold them to New Orleans) sucks donkey dick. Nobody in Charlotte gave a rats ass about the team. Mismanagement and disrespect to the city caused major indifference to the city.

Bowser

Doth Togo said:
I'm from Charlotte. George Shinn (the former owner of the Hornets before he sold them to New Orleans) sucks donkey dick. Nobody in Charlotte gave a rats ass about the team. Mismanagement and disrespect to the city caused major indifference to the city.

Quite the contrary my friend. No one in Charlotte gave a rat's ass about George Shinn. The city very much cared for the Hornets, as witnessed by the team leading the league in attendance for almost every year they were in Charlotte. I'm from Charlotte myself (if you haven't already guessed, what with the Bobcats avatar and all) and I'm glad that George Shinn is gone and we have a new team. I would much prefer that George Shinn was gone, but the Hornets were not, but alas, that was not to be.

George Shinn still owns the Hornets (to my knowledge) and did you know there are rumors that Shinn has already tired of New Orleans and wants to move the team again? What a bitch.

Doth Togo

Bowser said:
Quite the contrary my friend. No one in Charlotte gave a rat's ass about George Shinn. The city very much cared for the Hornets, as witnessed by the team leading the league in attendance for almost every year they were in Charlotte. I'm from Charlotte myself (if you haven't already guessed, what with the Bobcats avatar and all) and I'm glad that George Shinn is gone and we have a new team. I would much prefer that George Shinn was gone, but the Hornets were not, but alas, that was not to be.

George Shinn still owns the Hornets (to my knowledge) and did you know there are rumors that Shinn has already tired of New Orleans and wants to move the team again? What a bitch.

Man, everyone I know in Charlotte rags on the Hornets like there's no end. Those last few years had some of the lowest turnout attendance in the league. That's what I'm referring to... Those same people will give the Bobcats a chance, but nobody wants the city to fund the stadium. Me? I liked the Hornets logo. It was cute. The concept of the "bobcat" should go to Asheville, where they actually live.

I miss the glory days of Mugsy, "Grandmama" and Alonzo out on Tyvola Rd. Those were the days. Mugsy was a class act. Nicest guy you'd meet in person.

Shinn is a shame to the city. He should take a page or two from Richardson on how to be a local hero.

Bowser

Doth Togo said:
Man, everyone I know in Charlotte rags on the Hornets like there's no end. Those last few years had some of the lowest turnout attendance in the league. That's what I'm referring to... Those same people will give the Bobcats a chance, but nobody wants the city to fund the stadium. Me? I liked the Hornets logo. It was cute. The concept of the "bobcat" should go to Asheville, where they actually live.

I miss the glory days of Mugsy, "Grandmama" and Alonzo out on Tyvola Rd. Those were the days. Mugsy was a class act. Nicest guy you'd meet in person.

Shinn is a shame to the city. He should take a page or two from Richardson on how to be a local hero.

Towards the end of the Hornets run in the city, Shinn had just become too repulsive for anyone to bear. They pretty much knew that the team was leaving and didn't want to go to the games for a team that wouldn't be playing for them in 18-24 months. People also wanted to stick it to Shinn. I really think if we had a different owner that the Hornets would still be here.

And who rags on the Hornets? Everyone I know liked them back when they were here; most people don't like them now because of the simple fact that they are owned by Shinn and no longer play here. Me, I want to see Baron Davis, David Wesley, PJ Brown, Jamal Magloire, and Jamal Mashburn (though there are rumors of him retiring and having personal hate towards the Hornets for supposedly lying to him about the status of his injury, causing him to think it was ok to play and injuring his knee even further) succeed, just not on the NO Hornets, but on a different team.

And I know what you mean about Mugsy; he was definately a class act. I met him once and he was one of the most, er, humblest persons you could ever meet. I got his autograph too :) But it was on a picture with him in a Golden State jersey :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom