• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Collector's Edition Packshot

Solid

Gamefront.
In addition a limited Collector's is edition in preparation. It consists of two Discs, which are delivered in a fluorescentKillzone packing. On the bonuses Disc are a Making OF, Animatics, production drafts, uvm.
ps2_killzone.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Killzone was the "Halo Killer" that's been hyped since Halo came out, right? And didn't it not exactly "kill Halo" at E3? I just haven't been following it much.

Solid

ManaByte said:
Killzone was the "Halo Killer" that's been hyped since Halo came out, right? And didn't it not exactly "kill Halo" at E3? I just haven't been following it much.
It will never kill Halo. The game can still rock despite that though :)

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
ManaByte said:

You are correct. And it does not kill Halo 2.

Killzone technically doesn't have to kill HALO. It already did what it needed to and that's run up hype based on another games success. That's been a common theme this gen.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
seismologist said:
Yeah style-wise, atmosphere, and animation Killzone pisses on Halo.
Of course it wasn't even finished yet though.

Are you shitting me or was that simply a poorly formed post? Killzone has incredibly BAD animation all around (some of the worst I've seen in recent FPS titles).

Oh well, at least I get to beta test it. ;P

GhaleonEB

seismologist said:
Yeah style-wise, atmosphere, and animation Killzone pisses on Halo.
Of course it wasn't even finished yet though.

Animation? Are you crazy?

You cand debate style and atmosphere all you want - but animation is pretty easy to judge. It was choppy and stiff as heck at E3, and Halo 2 was buttery smooth.

BeOnEdge

Banned
lets forget animation. i'd say killzone has the absolute worse controls for any fps ever. i swore they was a "dunken money" code enabled at e3 it was so hard to control.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I really like that boxart. Cool image in the background, without standing out and messing things up. On top of it a logo that you can't miss, and in fitting colors (even though I normally don't like brown/orange).

BeOnEdge said:
lets forget animation. i'd say killzone has the absolute worse controls for any fps ever. i swore they was a "dunken money" code enabled at e3 it was so hard to control.

You guys must not play very many videogames I thought the controls were simple and intuitive :p
It's clearly designed as a console FPS. Some things might tick people off like lack of a "jump" button.
Then again I'm one of those people who doesn't mind the "tank controls" in games like RE.

dark10x

seismologist said:
You guys must not play very many videogames I thought the controls were simple and intuitive :p
It's clearly designed as a console FPS. Some things might tick people off like lack of a "jump" button.
Then again I'm one of those people who doesn't mind the "tank controls" in games like RE.

Killzone controls fine...but it animates VERY poorly. That was the original point. I can't even begin to understand how you could consider KZ's animation better than Halo's...

The animation is helped by the atmosphere especially when your zoomed in watching enemy activity through the scope.. It also the helps that most of the enemies are humans people so they move more naturally.

dark10x

seismologist said:
The animation is helped by the atmosphere especially when your zoomed in watching enemy activity through the scope.. It also the helps that most of the enemies are humans people so they move more naturally.

No they don't. They suffer from the same problems that have plagued PC games for YEARS (though, the latest wave of PC games are making major progress). The animation is incredibly stiff and individual actions do not blend well with other actions. The animation really hurts the atmosphere, in my opinion. The world is incredibly cool looking at times, but when you start to witness the characters move around the screen, the suspension of dis-belief is shattered.

Maybe we just have a different idea of what good animation is.

There can be good animation with only a few frames.
and "wonky" animation with many frames. It all comes down to how talented the artists are.
I thought it the movement in Killzone looked pretty cool, the overall look is much more convincing than your average PC WWII sim. I'm not sure if tey've using motion capture or not.

Sirolf

PC games need this badly....A full collector edition of DOOM 3 with making-of would be great!!
Added value is the way to go.

u_neek

Agent Dormer said:
Not as sexy as...

243597.jpg

Wrong! Not sexy AT ALL.. that Killzone cover zuxx!

I bet it'll be huge in Europe 'cause all magazines hype it like it's gods gift to humanity..

Mock

Banned
I see Sony's delusions of grandeur are alive and well.

... I'll just get Halo 2, thanks. The Dual Shock 2 sucks for FPS.

Top Bottom