• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kimberly Guilfoyle says she’s talking with administration about press secretary job

Tovarisc

The Fox News host and former First Lady of San Francisco tells the Bay Area News Group: ‘I’m a patriot, and it would be an honor to serve the country.’

Kimberly Guilfoyle, the former first lady of San Francisco and current Fox News host, is in conversations with the Trump administration about becoming White House press secretary, she said in an exclusive interview with the Bay Area News Group Monday night.

Guilfoyle said the idea of her taking the job or another press role in the White House has been “raised by a number of people” in the Trump administration, although she declined to go into specifics.

“I’m a patriot, and it would be an honor to serve the country,” Guilfoyle said. “I think it’d be a fascinating job, it’s a challenging job, and you need someone really determined and focused, a great communicator in there with deep knowledge to be able to handle that position.”

She was originally considered for press secretary during the presidential transition, but the job went to Sean Spicer, the former spokesman for the Republican National Committee.

Now, with rumors boiling in Washington, D.C., about a broad shakeup to Trump’s press team following a drumbeat of controversies, Guilfoyle’s name has resurfaced. The New York Times reported on Friday that Trump had suggested Guilfoyle for the press secretary job in conversations with political allies.

On her show last week, Guilfoyle — while not mentioning anything about herself — said she thought “there is room for improvement with the roll-out” by the press team, citing the news furor over the travel ban and the firing of FBI Director James Comey.

“If you want to be successful and do communications with President Trump, you have to be someone who he actually wants to spend a little bit of time with,” she said on the air. “You’ve got to insist on getting in front of POTUS, talk to him, and have like five, six minutes with him before you go out there and take the podium, and otherwise you’re driving blind.”

“It has to be somebody with a very close relationship, where there’s trust there, there’s inherent loyalty, someone who’s been there from the beginning,” she added.

“I think I have a very good relationship with the president,” Guilfoyle said. “I think I enjoy a very straightforward and authentic, very genuine relationship, one that’s built on trust and integrity, and I think that’s imperative for success in that position.”

“Sean Spicer is a very nice man and a patriot; he’s dedicated himself to this public service,” she said. “Very tough position he’s in — I wish him the best, and I know he puts a lot of effort into it.”

Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/05/16/kimberly-guilfoyle-white-house-press-secretary/

RIP Spicey?

Mesoian

She's not ready for this. She thinks she is. But she's not ready.

No one is ready for this position, where while in the middle of doing damage control, the president of the united states openly and belligerently, in real time, puts out a public reversal of the very damage control you were trying to do.

Even people completely devoid of integrety and who are willing to lie at a moment's notice are not ready for this job.

kswiston

How could anyone watch Sean Spicer's soulless husk stone-face its way through yesterday's press briefing on the Comey tapes and think "Yup. I want that job".

If she's stupid enough to think that loyalty to Trump is anything but enabling a traitor and that he isn't going to throw her under the bus within a month then whatever. Go nuts.

Tovarisc

Hmm, interesting tweet. Apparently this interview was Kimberly pulling on eject leaver to activate ejector seat?

jB0IvYW.png

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/864530699168165889

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

No one is ready for this position, where while in the middle of doing damage control, the president of the united states openly and belligerently, in real time, puts out a public reversal of the very damage control you were trying to do.

Even people completely devoid of integrety and who are willing to lie at a moment's notice are not ready for this job.

This might sound crazy, but I actually think Spicer does the best he can. He's a shitty person for being a shill and a mouthpiece for Trump, but he actually does the job - as smarmy as he can be sometimes. I can't imagine dealing with the stress of that daily dumpster fire though.

Then again.... Spicer's been passing the baton off lately, so maybe he's preparing for his exit already.

Afrikan

Yall don't have a gif of her pretending to suck a penis huh? Tongue poking out cheek and all.

I guess only us local folks saw that on TV when she was making a speech.

Fury451

Banned

This is very eloquently put. Personally even if you're a fan of the president, I'm not sure why anybody would want the absolute nightmare of this job for this administration.

Mesoian

This might sound crazy, but I actually think Spicer does the best he can. He's a shitty person for being a shill and a mouthpiece for Trump, but he actually does the job - as smarmy as he can be sometimes. I can't imagine dealing with the stress of that daily dumpster fire though.

Then again.... Spicer's been passing the baton off lately, so maybe he's preparing for his exit already.

Oh he does. As lacking in integrity as he is, he's TRYING. HARD.

It's just an impossible task because his boss is more interested in twitter posts than information security and giddily reveals in that fact.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Don't feel bad for Spicer. He has a multimillion dollar book deal coming out of this.

Top Bottom