• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei's TGS lineup - surprise, Ni-Oh not cancelled

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
cool. i liked the little ni-oh trailer sony showed at e3 05, but at this point i guess we can assume that it was fake. i just hope it doesn't looks as shitty as bladestorm. :x

I'm curious how Rot3K XI is. It looks like it plays very different from the rest of the series in terms of gameplay. Not that I want a change (I hope the first PS3 Rot3K is very traditional), but it may offer some nice variety for the last PS2 version (though isn't it out already on PC?).

KyanMehwulfe said:
I'm curious how Rot3K XI is. It looks like it plays very different from the rest of the series in terms of gameplay. Not that I want a change (I hope the first PS3 Rot3K is very traditional), but it may offer some nice variety for the last PS2 version (though isn't it out already on PC?).
It goes back to the ruler-only focus of 1-6 and 9, and so it's quite traditional. It's supposed to have some of the best AI yet seen in the series, as well as some really cool tactical options in battle, like destroying a city's floodgates to cause it to be submerged.

jiji said:
It goes back to the ruler-only focus of 1-6 and 9, and so it's quite traditional. It's supposed to have some of the best AI yet seen in the series, as well as some really cool tactical options in battle, like destroying a city's floodgates to cause it to be submerged.
How about the visual modes? For reference, my thoughts were based on this review. They say it's a real change.

I still play IV and VI regularly so an image like this compared to the tradional map of China comes off as real different to me.

Edit: 2nd pic of the 6 near the bottom, since the site prevents the link from working.

I wish they'd made RoTK or Nobunaga for 360. I would figure there'd be some kind of market for strategy games on it, considering there's zero competition.

Probationsmack said:
Dynasty warriors is unofficially cancelled. The question is WHY?. Why do capcom/namco/koei ignore the ds?

That's a good question which I often find asking myself. DS is unbelievably succesful in Japan at the moment... and those companies are Japanese. Why they don't support the DS alot more than they are now, I have no clue. It's nerve racking.

Jacobi

Banned
Chris Michael said:
That's a good question which I often find asking myself. DS is unbelievably succesful in Japan at the moment... and those companies are Japanese. Why they don't support the DS alot more than they are now, I have no clue. It's nerve racking.
Maybe cause 3rd-Party-Stuff isn't selling half as good as the Nintendo-Stuff

the year 20XX said:
Oh, good, another Koei lineup of games that aren't Gitaroo Man related.

In other words, useless.
2Exit%20Door.jpg

Don't let it hit you in the ass...

jiji said:

While I kind of prefer the control-whoever ROTK action, I'm totally down with the ruler only, so long as they keep the turn based tactical battles. None of this ROTK IX stuff. Probably be summer next year at the earliest for an American release though anyway, yes?

platypotamus said:
While I kind of prefer the control-whoever ROTK action, I'm totally down with the ruler only, so long as they keep the turn based tactical battles. None of this ROTK IX stuff. Probably be summer next year at the earliest for an American release though anyway, yes?
X only took three months for a US release, so we could see 11 as early as January. We'll see, though - Koei's US operations are always unpredictable.

linsivvi

Chris Michael said:

I read an interview a few months ago and it mentioned that the developer was not satisfied with what they saw and so they were going back to the drawing board to start over. So it's either canned or at least another year away depending on whether you're a pessimist or an optimist.

Top Bottom