• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces new Momotaro Dentetsu coming to PS4, PS3, PS Vita, Wii U, and 3DS

Dear Konami,

I don't forgive you yet.

Here are the conditions of my love & respect.

1. Metal Gear Solid GBC on 3DS Virtual Console.
2. Survival Kids GBC on 3DS Virtual Console.
3. Snake in Smash NX.
4. A written apology to Hideo Kojima.
5. A written apology from Hideo Kojima.

There we go. That's all. Also, if this comes out in the United States, I'll consider picking it up as I haven't tried out this franchise yet.

It's okay Konami. We are ready to forgive you.. IF you're serious.

Your forgetting "FREE BOMBERMAN!" and sell him to another company that will show him some love.

The Giant

Banned
Dear Konami,

I don't forgive you yet.

3. Snake in Smash NX.

There we go. That's all. Also, if this comes out in the United States, I'll consider picking it up as I haven't tried out this franchise yet.

I'll add:

new Goemon game and bring N64 Goemon to vc.

Yoshi88

Already kind of debunked, if you read the link in OP. Seems they forgot to change platforms when they announced talking of a an older entry.

Jamie OD

Konami still makes console games? Thought they just did pachinco now...lol.

They just released a PS4 baseball game in Japan last month and Winning Eleven is getting a re-release for Euro 2016. They still have a game being made here and there but since it's either a sports game or Japan only (or both) nobody here notices.

L~A

Already kind of debunked, if you read the link in OP. Seems they forgot to change platforms when they announced talking of a an older entry.

Yeah, just saw that this morning. OP and title should be updated, I think.

Mivey

You are assuming they didn't do this deliberately, just to taunt people. With a company as petty as them, I really wouldn't be surprised, unlikely, sure, but it says something about their rep when it seems like something they might just do.

casiopao

Dear Konami,

I don't forgive you yet.

3. Snake in Smash NX.

Lol. Who cares about kojima here.

Free bomberman, give us classicvania and castlevania 1999

New Goemon NX.

New Bloody Roar

New Adventure Island

New Frontier Gate

Terror of Stratus localized

Proper YuGiOh localized

New Suikoden

That's the way they can redeem themselves. If just giving apology is enough, then screw this world.

casiopao

Just have Bomberman be a joint ownership IP with Nintendo and share the big bucks while they create the games. Win Win.

Don't forget to include Adventure Island, Goemon and Lost in Blue too. Those Ip is too precious for Konami.

Add Castlevania to the mix then, i am a happy man..... Except Ninty start F-Zeroing that IP to my face.TT

Just saw that this wasn't real.

You are assuming they didn't do this deliberately, just to taunt people. With a company as petty as them, I really wouldn't be surprised, unlikely, sure, but it says something about their rep when it seems like something they might just do.

Xy7OWdZ.gif

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

you might have had a point if Konami were run by Martin Shkreli.

It's not just the Wii game selling well, most sores in my town are sold out of the old games in the series too. I know this because my daughter was influenced by the program and wanted to play one of the games. We couldn't find any console versions at the stores we went to but she found the Gameboy version of game 2.

MOtMV94.jpg

She was very happy.
Is that "Friends" in Akiba?

takoyaki

this seems relevant:

http://kotaku.com/developer-gets-testy-with-konami-ends-his-beloved-game-1708395920

the creator of this long-running series wanted to end it because of how Konami dealt with the series after they acquired Hudson.

from kotaku said:
Fast forward to today, when Sakuma wrote the following on Twitter:

“Konami hasn’t gotten in touch with me at all. This is how they’ve tossed me aside for a while now. I’m announcing here that Momotaro Dentetsu is officially done. Ishikawa at Konami squelched everything.”

this seems relevant:

http://kotaku.com/developer-gets-testy-with-konami-ends-his-beloved-game-1708395920

the creator of this long-running series wanted to end it because of how Konami dealt with the series after they acquired Hudson.

Yeah, and Nikkei reported last year that he went to Nintendo and seemingly managed to get a new game started with Konami licensing the IP to Nintendo.

Makes perfect sense since not only did Nintendo round up A LOT of ex-Hudson folks at ND Cube, but the president of ND Cube is Hidetoshi Endo, who was also president of Hudson for a long time before leaving in 2008.

That's why this now debunked announcement made no sense.

Here's my thread about the Nintendo bit from last year. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1089111

Top Bottom