• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KUNG FU PANDA 4 Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

official-poster-for-kung-fu-panda-4-v0-1oisl4nwv26c1.jpg

Rran

Could be fun. I like this series but the movies kind of got diminishing returns, so we'll see. The villains are usually a highlight and this new one has potential.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I enjoyed all three movies thus far, but I think it topped at 2 for me. 3 wasn't nearly as good, though still fun for what it was.

LordOfChaos

Good movie series, hope it lives up. And it took a good long break from the last one so they're not just churning them out at least so far

Codes 208

The lack of the furious five is alarming, but im intrigued.
I enjoyed all three movies thus far, but I think it topped at 2 for me. 3 wasn't nearly as good, though still fun for what it was.
agreed, 2 had the best villain (peacock frieza was not something i knew i wanted), the best backstory, and the best fight scenes but tbf jk simmons as kai had his moments, there just wasnt as much to delve into as 2.

Astral Dog

Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 were good, 3 was trash ,the TV series from what i watched were ok but awful at times.

This looks like itcould be better than 3, i like that they bring the villain from the first movie

Blackage

Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 were good, 3 was trash ,the TV series from what i watched were ok but awful at times.

This looks like itcould be better than 3, i like that they bring the villain from the first movie
Preach

I look at people sideways when they try to tell me Kung Fu Panda 3 was good after watching 2, like did we watch the same movies? Lord Shen's background with Po and his family and the effect is has on Po is some bonkers great story telling.

Fbh

Will probably check it out with my nephew. I like the series but IMO they've been getting increasingly worse with each sequel. (1 is great, 2 is solid, 3 was meh)

Saber

Gold Member
Kung-fu Panda still a solid movie to watch, even though the last one wasn't great. I love the first one.
Gonna keep my eye on it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I really don't get awkwafina's popularity. Does she have a parent high up in the entertainment biz or something? Most do.

She’s unfunny and a terrible voice actress yet she keeps getting casted and often becomes the worst performer in the production.

By the way reportedly she replaces Po as the dragon warrior while Po becomes the new Oogway. Laaaaame.

Rumor is the five have a diminished role… we’ll see.

Last edited:
Will probably check it out with my nephew. I like the series but IMO they've been getting increasingly worse with each sequel. (1 is great, 2 is solid, 3 was meh)

Have they been getting worse, or have you been getting progressively older and farther away from being the target audience?

I'm not saying all animation is aimed at children, but this franchise definitely is.

Doom85

Have they been getting worse, or have you been getting progressively older and farther away from being the target audience?

I'm not saying all animation is aimed at children, but this franchise definitely is.

Animation aimed at children is stuff like Dora the Explorer or Arthur. Animation from Dreamworks, Disney, Pixar, etc. are aimed at all ages. Unless an adult has some hangup about watching something that contains no sex, profanity, or gore, but that’s on that particular adult and not the whole adult demographic as a whole.

Not that I agree with Fbh, KFP 1 was excellent, but 2 is the best Dreamworks Animation picture period. 3 is the “weakest” of the trilogy (mainly due to the villain being less interesting characterization-wise compared to the prior two villains), but still pretty great.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Looks dated. Doesn't feel fresh, more like going through the motion and the same plot we've seen already.

It's been too long for the Panda to still be this stupid, would've been better to elevate him already and bring someone new.

Top Bottom