• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.I.E. (The movie.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Did anyone see this?

I really liked it. Not really sure why exactly, but I loved the dialogue and, well... A pedophilia movie with humanity and warmth isn't really the most common thing. (You won't get this last line without having seen the movie, no. It's not really like it sounds.)

But I really didn't get the ending. What was it all about?

Willco

Hollywood Square
aku:jiki said:
... A pedophilia movie with humanity and warmth isn't really the most common thing.

I've been clamoring for Hollywood to make this kind of flick for ages. Finally, something Son of Godzilla and I can see together!

I saw it a really long time ago so I don't remember much of it anymore. There were some plot points that really annoyed me. One of them being
Social Services never coming to pick up the kid
. I sort of remember the ending somewhat, but I don't remember all the details. However, I do remember the line about snow and rain.

aku:jiki

RobotChant said:
I saw it a really long time ago so I don't remember much of it anymore. There were some plot points that really annoyed me. One of them being
Social Services never coming to pick up the kid
. I sort of remember the ending somewhat, but I don't remember all the details. However, I do remember the line about snow and rain.
Yeah, the whole arrest thing was really weird. I guess it does happen that no one calls social services, though, so I let it go.

It ends with Big John's son (I think? That was kind of fuzzy.) shooting him, after he drops of Howie at the prison and goes to pick up a boywhore. I'm not exactly sure why, though. At first, the son seems angry at BJ for being a pedophile, but about middle-way through it seems like the son is just jealous because daddy picks up other boys and doesn't just stick with him. I dunno.

After that, Howie's standing on the rail, saying the same things as the movie starts out with. About the Long Island Expressway taking many lives, but he wouldn't let it take his. The shooting and these lines are what I have problem getting. What are they trying to say?

karasu

Saw it awhile back on Sundance. The cinematography is awesome, and as always Brian Cox is incredible.

hobbitx

That's a great movie, I remember the first time I saw this in coming attractions I knew it was going to be good. I finally watched it on IFC and liked alot. It's one of those types of movies that are really gritty and edgy, but not totally depressing so you can watch them over and over. The shooting scene was so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom