• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Order Final Fantasy VII - short review + info + spoilers

duckroll

Animation was pretty awesome and action packed as expected. The animation was all handled by Madhouse and was pretty damn impressive. Storywise it just covers the entire Nilbelhim incident in more detail and expanded to a 25min short animation episode.

Credits:

Supervising Director Tetsuya Nomura

Executive Producer Shinji Hashimoto, Yoshinori Kitase, Yoichi Wada

Producer Akio Ofuji, Jyungo Maruta, Masao Maruyama

Special Assistance ADK, Tatsuji Yamazaki, Kazuki Ito

Original Story Based on FINALFANTASY VII

Story Kazushige Nojima (StellaVista)

Storyboard Artist Morio Asaka

Writer Kazuhiko Inukai

Character Designer Hisashi Abe

Supervising Animation Director Satoshi Tasaki

Animation Director Fumie Muroi, Kunio Katsuki, Katsuya Yamada

Assistant Director Hiroyuki Tanaka

Color Designer Yuriko Kadomoto

Art Director Hidetoshi Kaneko

Music all composed, arranged and produced by Takeharu Ishimoto

Sound Director Youji Shimizu

Animation Production Madhouse Inc

Director Morio Asaka

Rahul

So "writing" for Kazuhiko Inukai means he did the script?

Can you write a summary of the additional story details?

Zaptruder

Banned
CloudNL said:
FFVII fans must be in heaven these days!

All we really wanted was the FFVII remake.

This stuff is all a pretty intresting diversion, but I'd give it all up for a PS3 FF7-2 or FF7 remake.

They've gotta be going somewhere with all this FF7 side stuff... right? I mean what's the point?

Oh, $$$, lol. Though I wish it were leading to something more.

Yeah, it just seems to me as if they don't really know where they're going with all this stuff. If this was leading up to a true game sequel or something, I'd be all for it - but as someone said, it's just interesting diversion. Granted, I don't have a problem with more FF7 products, I love the characters and the world. I just kind of wish all this was going somewhere.

Troidal

So anyone know why the limited edition is called "Adbent Pieces"?

Is adbent even a word?
I figured they meant Advent, just like the subtitle but misspelled it?

Datrio

First of all, this short little anime was good. Very good. I loved it, both as a FF fan, and as a normal human being (okay, that's a condradiction, but you know what I mean).

Secondly, there are no fansubs, but that's not really a problem. Basicly, this little piece of animation summarizes what happened in Nibelheim five years ago, with some few extra scenes (and one scene changed a bit, I think, the one where
Sephiroth stabs Cloud
).

BluWacky

Bebpo said:
it was....
...hmmm....maybe FF7 fans will like it.....

Hmm, indeed. I enjoyed Advent Children itself a lot (despite the complete lack of coherent plotting, but y'know, who cares when it looks that good?), but thought Last Order was naff - I didn't even think the animation was that great, although I think I just don't like it when Madhouse do their "dark gritty OVA" thing.

Shame, really, I was actually looking forward to Last Order more than AC.

Top Bottom