• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest PUBG patch brings uncapped frame rate to 60fps in 'Framerate Priority' mode.

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.pubg.com/en-us/2020/10/19/console-update-9-1-patch-notes/
Other changes at link - might be of interest as it was free on PS recently

Framerate Priority
The Framerate Priority setting has some exciting changes this time around. The frame cap is now lifted to 60 FPS and the screen resolution will be set to 1920 x 1080 to increase framerates. The new Framerate Priority is available on Xbox One X and the PlayStation 4 Pro, and we are investigating ways to bring the lifted frame cap to other console devices as well. Stay tuned.

we are investigating ways to bring the lifted frame cap to other console devices as well. Stay tuned.

720p60 on base PS4 and sub-HD60 on base X1, performance targets incoming lol

Jokes apart, FPS > native resolution, all day. Especially when a new generation of consoles is lurking around the corner.

Hopefully, a 4K60 (native or dynamic) and a 1080p120 (or dynamic 1440p120) are included for nextgen.

This game is input based cross-play between consoles and Stadia right? It was unfair before because it was 60FPS on Stadia and 30 on consoles, but thankfully due to the colossal global Stadia population in games being slightly under the total number of buttons on a console controller, it kinda evened out.

BigLee74

Mmm. Might reinstall this and give it a shot. I loved the game initially, but the rubbish performance eventually soured me on it.

Must admit I preferred the pace over Warzone, but Warzone is the better overall package by far.

BigLee74

Oof. Tears like a MF. Unplayable, but you can at least get a glimpse of what it might be like when the new consoles come out.

I've waited this long, I can wait a few weeks more!

YAH MAKAVELI

Neo Member
I don't understand why like most AAA unreal engine games. This one can't reach 60fps years ago. With how many years it's been on the market now. 🙄

Top Bottom