• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Black Panther 2 Concept Art Reveals Marvel’s Greatest Villain in the MCU (SPOILERS)

Ulysses 31

Here is a link to a YouTube video that should help some.

Be warned, it might have a few spoilers for upcoming stuff. With all the stuff in doctor strange I can’t believe i missed this.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if even half of all that ends up in the MCU. We saw what remained of planet hulk in Thor Ragnarok.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I'd be pleasantly surprised if even half of all that ends up in the MCU. We saw what remained of planet hulk in Thor Ragnarok.
Most of it will never make it. I just don’t see much of it transferring over very well sadly. Would be great and a logical power shift. I’d wager they would use the Sentinals in the place of the beyonders as well. They are “mad” about the Eternals thing or something in between

Parts of this image have been floating around for a month or so, but the full thing leaked this week:

BhhuRRN.jpg

He apparently doesn’t have a huge role in BP2, little more than a cameo, but the rumor is it’s to reveal he’s the one pulling the strings behind the main conflict in the movie. Obviously he’s going to be the big bad going forward.
Like Thanos at the end of Avengers. I like it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
When I was a kid reading my weeklies I loved every panel when he would show up. Especially the way they would make him a little campy in the Spider-Man comics. I hope they do him right. He was alright in those terrible Sony(?) Fantastic Four movies, but at least he looked the part.

bitbydeath

When I was a kid reading my weeklies I loved every panel when he would show up. Especially the way they would make him a little campy in the Spider-Man comics. I hope they do him right. He was alright in those terrible Sony(?) Fantastic Four movies, but at least he looked the part.
Fox, which Disney purchased which is why Marvel can now make movies with those characters in it.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Murdering Thanos because he doesn’t have the infinity stones doesn’t seem that cool. This is a panel to establish how tough their guy is. He one punched Thanos. He is so tough.

I’m sure whatever they do with Doom will be fine. I just never thought he was that intimidating.

He also defeated The Marquis of Death, by manipulating events and remaining a step ahead of the omnipotent mutant after being left for dead during an extremely violent era on Earth, via dimensional portal.
I think giant sharks'n shit were shown to attempt to devour him and other bad shit, like turning his blood to acid, etc. In the end, he survived billions of years, mastering the dark arts that he was supposed to before Marquis came to check up on him and eventually killing him, after Marquis was fighting against the super amped F4, and a younger version of himself. Using clestials as pawns in the battle, such as Galactus, mere toys.

Don't get me started on God King Doom. LMAO. That one is hilarious. Doom is one of the more interesting characters, to me. Secret Wars, etc

Doom85

Its because they are random nameless bullshit characters that nobody knows or cares about. Disney used up their famous heroes.

guardians of the galaxy marvel GIF

Pre-2014, I guarantee you 99+% of the human population had never even heard of a single one of these guys. Yet we know what happened soon after.

A character being B-list or lower is fucking irrelevant. Who gives a shit about popularity, it’s the quality of each individual story that matters. Hell, Deadpool was created as a shameless and forgettable Deathstroke (DC Comics) rip-off that would have gone nowhere until a writer afterwards fleshed him out and made him stand out. But if that writer went with the “he’s B-list or lower” mindset, he wouldn’t have bothered and Deadpool would have remained an obscure entity.

I mean, if what has mainstream appeal is SO VERY important, I guess Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was a better film of 2009 than Zombieland. I mean, the former made way more money, so it clearly HAS to be a more appealing film, right?

Bragr

Banned
guardians of the galaxy marvel GIF

Pre-2014, I guarantee you 99+% of the human population had never even heard of a single one of these guys. Yet we know what happened soon after.

A character being B-list or lower is fucking irrelevant. Who gives a shit about popularity, it’s the quality of each individual story that matters. Hell, Deadpool was created as a shameless and forgettable Deathstroke (DC Comics) rip-off that would have gone nowhere until a writer afterwards fleshed him out and made him stand out. But if that writer went with the “he’s B-list or lower” mindset, he wouldn’t have bothered and Deadpool would have remained an obscure entity.

I mean, if what has mainstream appeal is SO VERY important, I guess Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was a better film of 2009 than Zombieland. I mean, the former made way more money, so it clearly HAS to be a more appealing film, right?
Guardians and Deadpool had something going, I had heard of them and I'm no comic book fan, but hippi and hoppi and fucckiy fukky or whatever they are called from black panther 2 are like dust on the moon. Nobody cares.

The way to make people care is to make good movies, as Guardians did. But this new no-standard garbage they are mass-producing, like the elementals or whatever the fuck, doesn't have anything going for it but silly fans who don't care if it's good or not. They are making shit content with no-name shitty superheroes.

Doom85

Guardians and Deadpool had something going, I had heard of them and I'm no comic book fan, but hippi and hoppi and fucckiy fukky or whatever they are called from black panther 2 are like dust on the moon. Nobody cares.

The way to make people care is to make good movies, as Guardians did. But this new no-standard garbage they are mass-producing, like the elementals or whatever the fuck, doesn't have anything going for it but silly fans who don't care if it's good or not. They are making shit content with no-name shitty superheroes.

You’re literally judging a movie (BP 2) before it‘s even out, hell we don’t even have a trailer yet. And you’re calling anyone who dares to like something you don’t like “silly fans” and making wild assumptions about their mindset. Says a lot about you really.

And yeah, nobody cared about Shuri, M’Baku, or the others. Clearly. That 1.3 billion dollar box office from the first movie they starred in just materialized out of nowhere. On a random aside that has nothing to do with your brand of logic, I present this clown:

Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

And I would put a TON of money down that virtually all non-comic readers had not heard of GOTG before 2014. Like, come on, they were a prime example of B-list characters.

Bragr

Banned
You’re literally judging a movie (BP 2) before it‘s even out, hell we don’t even have a trailer yet. And you’re calling anyone who dares to like something you don’t like “silly fans” and making wild assumptions about their mindset. Says a lot about you really.

And yeah, nobody cared about Shuri, M’Baku, or the others. Clearly. That 1.3 billion dollar box office from the first movie they starred in just materialized out of nowhere. On a random aside that has nothing to do with your brand of logic, I present this clown:

And I would put a TON of money down that virtually all non-comic readers had not heard of GOTG before 2014. Like, come on, they were a prime example of B-list characters.
Do you think Justin Bieber is the best musician because he makes a lot of money? marvel fanboys always use the box office success to defend their movies, because the movies are so weak they can't actually defend the work itself.

Marvel is good at making empty scripts and non-existent narratives irrelevant with big effects and hype trailers and teasers. They are really good at it. Acting, purpose, story-arcs, it doesn't mean much as long as Thor makes a silly joke in a wacky alternate universe. You can be into that sort of thing as much as you want, but don't pretend it's not cinematic bottom-feeding.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Can't imagine why Steven Spielberg would subject himself to that. It'd be a huge step in terms of the MCU letting go of the wheel a bit, and I really think that's needed for my personal enjoyment to continue. Obviously Kevin Feige knows exactly what the hell he is doing, but when even No Way Home leaves me disappointed, I know that I'm over the "Marvel formula".

Ulysses 31

But this new no-standard garbage they are mass-producing, like the elementals or whatever the fuck, doesn't have anything going for it but silly fans who don't care if it's good or not. They are making shit content with no-name shitty superheroes.
Marvel is good at making empty scripts and non-existent narratives irrelevant with big effects and hype trailers and teasers. They are really good at it. Acting, purpose, story-arcs, it doesn't mean much as long as Thor makes a silly joke in a wacky alternate universe. You can be into that sort of thing as much as you want, but don't pretend it's not cinematic bottom-feeding.
Damn, and I thought I was the Marvel Debby Downer around here but you just go all in. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Doom85

Do you think Justin Bieber is the best musician because he makes a lot of money? marvel fanboys always use the box office success to defend their movies, because the movies are so weak they can't actually defend the work itself.

Wow, let’s just ignore the fact that you were all “if it’s not popular, who cares?” a few posts back. But I guess it’s okay when YOU do it. And you claimed nobody gave a shit about the characters in Black Panther, and so I presented evidence to counter that and you simply go, “oh sure, use EVIDENCE to defend your stance!”

Child, it’s an opinion on the quality of a movie, and at least I give things a chance unlike your pre-judgmental self who is judging a movie without even knowing what the plot set up is. I ain’t pretending shit, and I highly recommend you get off your fucking high horse because if you think your subjective opinion on a fictional story is more “important” or some shit than another person’s opinion, well everyone on the planet who possesses at least five functioning brain cells is looking at you and going:

Spider Man Lol GIF

NickFire

I think I agree with both of you. I agree with you because you're 100% right about good treatments having the ability to make cool stories out of unknown characters (and that it has already happened). But I agree with the other guy too because I have felt the same about most of Phase 4. Without the over-arching Avengers storyline its been really hard for me to get excited about the recent stuff. I'm sure there's a little MCU fatigue at play for me, but the lack of a tie in to what I already know and really want to see is certainly a factor too.

Once the adamantium claws show up, I'll be hooked again though.

Xyrmellon

For a very short time in the original Secret Wars he also stole the Beyonders power, and could basically wish anything into existence...
That would make him an Avengers level threat.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Dumbass got beaten by tree rodents

1454907-squirrel_girl_vs_dr_doom_01.jpg

Hah, welcome to the silver age of comics. They were certainly their own thing.

I loved how writers in later decades, particulary the late 90's and 2000's, occasionally dipped into those weird and bombastic pools for inspiration.

Top Bottom