• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Legacy (3DS) coming to North America this Fall

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I make fun of mobile games for their generic names but Holy shit I think this takes the cake. Still looks interesting though. Seems like handhelds are definitely the way to go for JRPGs.

as has been said here and there, here's what to expect:

It's basically just a dungeon crawler/mapping game. Similar concept to Etrian Odyssey (not at all similar gameplay, but think like that level of story)

Very classic style of JRPG battles.

Awesome music.

It's pretty short. I'd say 25 hours or so.

I'm at the end of Bravely Second right now, and I'd have to say that I would take no story over a garbage one :p

SaGa is a nut I've never managed to crack. What game would be a good entry-point to ths series? The PS1 Frontiers or the DS remakes of the early games?

Romancing SaGa 1 SNES just got a translation patch that also includes some balance tweaks. Might be worth giving a play. I've been playing it a little recently without any issues.

I haven't played it, but I can tell you that it was available for 1/3 MSRP at used game shops in massive quantities within three weeks of release. It's got 2.5 stars on Amazon.co.jp, and now, 5 months after release, it's available for under 1500 yen (MSRP of 6500).

So yeah, it was panned here, but maybe Atlus will do some magic with the localization?

I was sad, because the pre-release stuff looked really good and they were hyping it a fair bit. The art is fantastic, and the design work in the game is top-notch; but it's apparently just really generic and grindy. It launched and just... flopped.

Busaiku

I haven't played it, but I can tell you that it was available for 1/3 MSRP at used game shops in massive quantities within three weeks of release. It's got 2.5 stars on Amazon.co.jp, and now, 5 months after release, it's available for under 1500 yen (MSRP of 6500).

So yeah, it was panned here, but maybe Atlus will do some magic with the localization?
I think they made big changes with Code of Princess.

bobawesome

So this is where that girl is from that everyone seems to have in their avatar. In reality it's probably just one or two people.

It's basically just a dungeon crawler/mapping game. Similar concept to Etrian Odyssey (not at all similar gameplay, but think like that level of story)

Awesome music.

I'm at the end of Bravely Second right now, and I'd have to say that I would take no story over a garbage one :p

eh no story is it for me.

duckroll

It does not matter who wrote this, there is practically no story. Every character in the game has like 5 lines. Kato must have written the entire script one day during his lunch break.

I am quite interested in the battle adjustments they have implemented. I wonder if they will come to Japan in some form.

It's a bit of a misrepresentation to suggest that Kato's contribution to the game is writing the script and hence he probably didn't do much work on it. That's not true and he was never credited as just the scriptwriter of the game. He's credited for "text direction" and they've actually gone into detail about his contribution to the game in interviews.

The director, along with the lead game designer and Kato, were the ones who got together and conceived the overall plan for the game. Kato focused on the story elements, but in general the scenarios had to all fit together to complement the game design as well. Since the player character and the progression in the game can be somewhat non-linear, it couldn't be a straight screenplay either.

While there might not be a lot of dialogue in the actual game, the setting, background story elements, character scenes, etc were all planned out with Kato, and he wrote the text to be modular rather than linear.

lol. As another unfortunate soul who suffered through BS's terrible story, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

dat fanfic-level quality

and then, and then there's a spirit, and then he knows everything but only leaves small hints, and then there's another spirit because, because magic, and then only moon people speak english, and then, and then there's other people you can too, and then, and then...

kunonabi

Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Project Mirai DX, Senran Kagura 2, Project X Zone 2, Rodea the Sky Soldier.

and Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash, Return to PoPoLoCrois, and Samurai Cronicles 3

not to mention some other possible localizations such as Hyrule Warriors, DBZ, Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem, and Style Savvy 3 to name a few

We've had a pretty stacked already so 3DS 2015 is going to pretty damn beefy when all is said and done.

dat fanfic-level quality

and then, and then there's a spirit, and then he knows everything but only leaves small hints, and then there's another spirit because, because magic, and then only moon people speak english, and then, and then there's other people you can too, and then, and then...

The writing is actually worse than the first game? Who knew it was even possible?

Awesome music.

So minimalist and amazing? :0

And man, it being short sounds good to me, Bravely Default was fucking shit outside of the battle system.

spiritfox

So minimalist and amazing? :0

And man, it being short sounds good to me, Bravely Default was fucking shit outside of the battle system.

Hey the music and art was good too. It was just the story that failed to meet the standards set by the rest of the game, which was amazing.

On topic, I was hoping it came to the West. Seems like my kind of game.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Good music (I love Hamauzu), not too long, and made by lots of SaGa developers? Very glad this finally got announced for the US...

Hugstable

Banned
Stella Glow, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Project Mirai DX, Senran Kagura 2, Project X Zone 2, Rodea the Sky Soldier.

My wallet :(. I'm getting like 4 of those for sure (don't know what Stella Glow is, didn't like first Project X Zone so I'm not looking forward to 2 much)

I'm really excited for this game, the art looks great

RM8

My wallet :(. I'm getting like 4 of those for sure (don't know what Stella Glow is, didn't like first Project X Zone so I'm not looking forward to 2 much)

I'm really excited for this game, the art looks great
Stella Glow is a pretty nice looking traditional SRPG. Since SRPGs are the best RPGs, I'm buying it for sure. I agree about PxZ, though... after the first one, the sequel is going to be a very tough sell.

Thoraxes

I bought the soundtrack on itunes already but I hope Atlus does a first print arrange or something along with this. Day zero.

The game released in Japan with a mini OST sampler (because the OST release was delayed by a month to work on the mastering more too). I'd go out on a limb and say that if something like happened here as usually does with ATLUS releases, it'd be that sampler.

Velcro Fly

Up on GameStop with an October 13 release date. Not official but they did have EOU2 as August 4th for the longest time before Atlus officially confirmed it.

Animekatt

Just got the email from Atlus saying that there will be a special launch edition of the game:

3ce3Nhy.jpg

Top Bottom