• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary Firefight removed from Halo Infinite??

BlackTron

Didn't play it for a few days. Came back for a round of my new favorite game mode and...

THIS GAME SUCKS AGAIN

Hold my hand modes are still available. Heroic wouldn't be so bad except people don't need to revive you, if nobody does you just come back anyway after a minute or so. That's not fun or epic!!

Even convinced my friend to DL the game to play it. Now I look, and feel, like a dumbass. Dammit 343

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
"Our data shows us players don't use this mode...remove it."

There are some valid reasons for this, IE keeping each game mode updated with system changes made in other areas of the game for example.
**Pulling this one out of my ass for Halo infinite since I didn't play it....but is similar enough to changes I've been privy to in the past.**

Lets say we update the physics on the Warthog vehicle. Folks would then run regressions/smoke tests on the areas of the game impacted by the change to the vehicle. If you didn't have to run regressions on entire game modes it would make the implementation of that new feature easier to complete/ship.
A lot of these types of regressions are handled programmatically now a days...but it's still additional work that needs to be planned and budgeted.

Obviously that doesn't make players feel any better about the decision...sucks your mode got the ax!

coffinbirth

Didn't play it for a few days. Came back for a round of my new favorite game mode and...

THIS GAME SUCKS AGAIN

Hold my hand modes are still available. Heroic wouldn't be so bad except people don't need to revive you, if nobody does you just come back anyway after a minute or so. That's not fun or epic!!

Even convinced my friend to DL the game to play it. Now I look, and feel, like a dumbass. Dammit 343
It was announced that it was an "attraction" mode that would come and go, not that you're at fault for not knowing that. There IS a match composer in development and coming at some point, but wholly unsure if Legendary FF will be an option.

BlackTron

It was announced that it was an "attraction" mode that would come and go, not that you're at fault for not knowing that. There IS a match composer in development and coming at some point, but wholly unsure if Legendary FF will be an option.

Well that's nice.

This mode was basically Halo: Zombies, and it only lasted in matchmaking for a few weeks. Being able to press a button and match with a team of randoms is what made it for me, so even if you can still make it as a custom game, who cares. This isn't 360 era where you go home after school and all your known friends are available to make a team lol. I didn't even mind if some of the players were bad and shouldn't be in Legendary, that just upped the challenge and made for more dramatic reviving/team carrying.

How the fuck do you add Zombies to your game for a few weeks as an "attraction". It was so good and so fun the normal PvP feels stale to me now without it. Boo

coffinbirth

Well that's nice.

This mode was basically Halo: Zombies, and it only lasted in matchmaking for a few weeks. Being able to press a button and match with a team of randoms is what made it for me, so even if you can still make it as a custom game, who cares. This isn't 360 era where you go home after school and all your known friends are available to make a team lol. I didn't even mind if some of the players were bad and shouldn't be in Legendary, that just upped the challenge and made for more dramatic reviving/team carrying.

How the fuck do you add Zombies to your game for a few weeks as an "attraction". It was so good and so fun the normal PvP feels stale to me now without it. Boo
You seem confused. Match composer is for matchmaking, it isn't just for friends or local play, lol. It's been in MCC for over 5 years now.

BlackTron

You seem confused. Match composer is for matchmaking, it isn't just for friends or local play, lol. It's been in MCC for over 5 years now.

Huge relief.

I admit I didn't use MCC much. I was excited to play Halo:CE online again but they made one critical change which broke the game and made it unplayable for me. TBH if the original version still worked, or MCC wasn't fucked, I'd be playing that instead of Halo Infinite

Edit: Still less than ideal because with Match Composer, you are likely to get people who weren't intent on playing Firefight and were open to be matched into a number of game modes. I'd expect even worse tactics and lack of awareness to how it works than when they were intentionally clicking on Legendary Firefight (my fav is the guy who calmly walked over his dead teammates with no revive, then spent 60 seconds lining up a rocket shot from across the map which blew him up because it clipped a doorway. Game Over) Regardless, there were a lot of really good Halo aces who played this mode and I fear it will be harder to match up with them on the average. I hope I'm wrong but hope tends to be a mistake in this franchise lol

I'm still relieved I might be able to do it at all though, uh...eventually? Some day? Halo and Destiny seem alike in being mechanically tight and full of infuriating management choices

Last edited:
Top Bottom